Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 03:19:47 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

black enamel spray spritzed on white fabric..help !!

Started by lc, June 05, 2012, 03:50:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lc

I had finished a chair in Waverly's Albero Sand fabric...someone stupidly decided to touch up another chair and a few small splatters went on the front of my chair arm ..gloss black enamel., Is there a way to remove it !???
I didn't notice it until the next day so its totally dry.
Usually we do that spraying in another room but I guess they figured it was only a small area and decided to not take their chair to the back...uggh
I really don't want to have to take it all apart to replace the arm...any ideas ?? help help help

gene

Take a scrap piece of the same fabric and put similar black paint on it. Then you can test different chemicals to see what might work.

If it's a synthetic thread, maybe the paint can be flicked off with the point of an awl.

byhammerandhand will most likely know if anything can be done. This is his forte.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

June 05, 2012, 05:30:53 pm #2 Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:10:32 pm by kodydog
I would try Genes method first but sometimes you can spend hours trying to get a stain out when what you really need to do is just replace the arm. What would it take? An hour? Maybe 1-1/2? Then it will be perfect and no worries about complaints.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

Quote from: kodydog on June 05, 2012, 05:30:53 pm
I would try Genes method first but sometimes you can spend hours trying to get a stain out when what you really need to do is just replace the arm. What would it take? An hour? Maybe 1-1/2? Then it will be perfect and no worries about complainants.

DITTO
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

Speaking about sray paint. I ised fo do stucco and indid a storefront knce in voston making a fake brick lok vrey first coat the right kver eith brick colored cemment and dcrape the morter lines down to the grey.ooked just like bricks well one the wall was comllete this painter parkek out fron on the street and had. Airless sprayer in the. Ed with paint in the hoses still under preasure and a hose burst spraying  white laint all over my new dry red brixk stucco   The wall was painted white after it. Couldnt  be cleaned.

lc

Good point . With all the fuss to get it off it would be best to take it apart and no worries, I'll give Gene's idea a quick try and go from there .

I know once paint get into things its hard to remove and the chair is off white....now that I am swamped with work it seems somehing like this always comes up to set you back...never seems to happen when your business is slow..seems to go with the trade I guess.

gene

Instead of drawing a line through someone's reply, I think it would be more appropriate to use a frown face.  :-[

I was putting the back inside panel on a wing back chair last week. I cut the fabric to go around the top corner. I didn't have my scissors flat on the panel and I cut a small tear in the fabric. I spent 5 minutes looping threads and using fabric glue. I think the homeowner would not have noticed the repair, but I did. I took the entire piece off and fortunately had enough fabric to do a new inside back panel.

k: I hate it when you have 18 spots of paint, you get 17 spots off perfectly, and then the 18th for some reason smears and all that time spent on the first 17 was waisted.  :o

Good luck.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!