Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:46:57 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Weathermax 80 product info

Started by wind_rose_2, May 26, 2012, 03:16:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wind_rose_2

Hey folks!
Weathermax 80 is a solution dyed polyester . Can anyone tell me if being solution dyed means there is no "TOP and Bottom" and that the color is the same on both sides?
Thanks

Mike

Its been alittle while sence i ised some and not offen when i did but as i remeber it was simmilar to surlast ans did have a in and out.  Why do you ask?
I know i have same material on say a cover where the point of the bow can be overlapwd flipped the roll and save a few yards

wind_rose_2

May 26, 2012, 07:57:54 pm #2 Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:05:05 pm by wind_rose_2
Hey Mike how you been !
I am doing a Bimini and had to sew two sections together and it wasn't noticable when was sewing it up but discovered there was a difference..to me anyhow with the pieces sewn together it is visible and not having used the product before thought it was like sunbrella.
Gona have to look for my seam ripper l guess.
Dave

ahkahn

Solution-dyed vs. Non-Solution-Dyed:

Carrot vs. Raddish.

Carrot:  You cut it and the color goes throughout.  (Solution-dyed)
Raddish:  You cut it and there is color on the outside only.  (Not Solution-dyed)

-Andrew

DBR1957

Not sure about Weathermax because I've never used it. However, on many sunbrella colors we
make sure that when the panels are sewn toghether they are positioned same side up and in
the same direction they came off the roll. Like you noticed, in the shop the color looks the same
but when you get out in sunlight they are different.

Think of velour. You brush it one way and it is darker than if you brush it the other way. The same
thing is happening here but on a much smaller scale and it doesn't show up until you get it until
there is enough light to highlight the small fibers. Look at it again outside when it's overcast and
the color will appear close again.

When I cut panels I always mark direction and face on each and double check before I sew. 

wind_rose_2

Thanks for the answers...l just goofed by assuming  ???...excuse me while l rip stitches.
Dave

Miami Mike

Max 80 is AI great fabric for boat covers, you can use either side, 8oz and strong. If you would like a short end let me know I will send you a piece to play with. I can tell you this it is stronger that all the Acrylics on the market  and is water resistant. I sell a great deal of it. Covers for the most part. So if you have never used it let me know and I'll get you a short end to get it under the sewing machine. I have sold it in almost every state. I just can't call on every body. But I sell it ever week.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

wind_rose_2

Thanks for the offer Mike but l purchased a 75yd roll from you two years ago for my own boat,,due to circumstances beyond my control l am only now cutting into it.
I guess my only issue with the product is that there is a slight variation in colors from one side to the next ..almost inperceptable till you stitch two pieces together.
Dave

Miami Mike

WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Mike

Ive got some navy weathermax here abd you can see a slight difference on the two sides   
Id gave to go out and look but i think the finnedh would be rolled inside like a roll of seat vinyl.

Mike

This is an old theead but i reciently made a cockpit andbowncover on a bosrider i got i ised weathermak yellow andnrembered this thread so i made sure i sewed it face to dace even thiugh you cant tell actually i may have the bow one piece different then the main cover but i cant tell   Ive used it on some dealor cover but this is the first time cot me somill see long term how it fares.

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/IMG_1062.mp4

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/larson/IMG_1062.mp4