Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 04, 2024, 10:19:15 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

One for the marine guys

Started by Mike, May 15, 2012, 08:22:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I'd like to make a boat lift cover and if I could fint the proper elbows and assorted fitting I could build one 
Like this
http://waterwayboatliftcovers.com/

regalman190

You could probably use fence components. Try Home Depot or Lowe's or a fence supply company.
Regal Canvas

DBR1957

Mike for the corners you could use a bow form tee. You know, the angled fitting
at the tip of the bow rail.

Paxton carries them in 7/8" with a 110 degree angle and 1" with a 125 degree
angle. The 7/8" would result in a 20 degree rise (pretty shallow) to the peak and
the 1" would result in a 35 degree rise (better in my opinion). These are Sea Dog products.

However, the peak angle using the 7/8" would definitely require that you bend
the peak since it will be a 140 degree angle. The resulting peak angle for the 1"
would be 110 degree. So you could use the 1" for the outside angles and sleeve
them to accept 7/8" tubing then just use the 7/8" fitting for the peak.

All this boils down to your span though and I'm assuming you're going to use SS
tubing.

You could also look up Prime Industries in Virginia Beach, VA. They carry a lot of
diffrerent hardware. Awning supply vendors have a wide selection of angled
fittings but all that stuff is galvanized.

Hope this gets you what you want.

Mike

I looked all over home depot and lowes fence parts realy won't do it.  It like  1 1/2" pipe cor the winds here with three  way and x  and t fittings I though maybe somone might have a known source. Maybe there custom welded