Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 11:29:13 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

pedicure seat

Started by lruthb, April 19, 2012, 01:04:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lruthb

This is a repair on the seat. The owner stated that their customers slide down on the seat. I was thinking that maybe tuck and roll might help. I am open to any ideas you might have.

Thanks
Lynn

Mike

i dont remeber wha the name was but ski doo, bobadier had a special vinyl on there sled seats to give good grip

Virginia Taylor

MAybe              All Sport Tacky
Virginia Taylor
All American Etc Upholstery
Jacksonville, AR

kodydog

April 19, 2012, 04:57:25 pm #3 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:01:38 pm by kodydog
Just a thought. I can't tell you how many pedestal type chairs I've done where the seat is attached to the pedestal backward. Leans forward instead of backward.

Only other thing I can think of is build up the padding on the front of the seat.

One other thought. I just repaired a cheep office depot type chair that was leaning forward by adding spacers between the rocker mechanism and the bottom of the chair. I loosened the front two screws and fabricated a piece of 1/2" plywood to fit. I then had to add longer screws to reattach the base to the seat bottom. Worked like a charm.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Rich

If the structure is installed correctly, then it's most likely the foam that has become wedge-shaped, tilting toward the front. I'd replace the foam.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!