Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 01:08:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Thoughts & Prayers Please

Started by Mojo, April 18, 2012, 08:11:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I wanted to ask everyone for their thoughts and prayers for MiamiMike who just lost his Mother to complications from cancer.

I just got off the phone with Mike and he is doing well but the pain from a loss of a parent never truly goes away. He is back to work but the loss of his Mom is with him. Mike has been a great friend to me and has been a great support person for my business. He has given his support and expertise to us all here as well and has been an awesome supplier and a great go-to guy for our fabric headaches. Just thought you would all want to know as I know several of you have close working relationships with Mike.

I also wanted to ask that you keep my daughter and her husband in your thoughts and prayers as well. After three years of trying to have a baby she became pregnant a couple months ago.  Yesterday she called crying and informed me that she lost her set of twins. Obviously we are all heartbroken. I will never understand why things like this happens. I find it hard sometimes to maintain my faith when things like this happens. It just crushes you when you see one of your kids have their life turned upside down.

Chris

slow96z

Prayers for Mike and my deepest condolences to your daughter and her family.  Far be it from us to speculate at God's master plan, but rest assured in times of grief there is one.

sofadoc

When my mother died of cancer, there was a feeling of relief knowing that she was finally in a better place. I hope that Mike can at least take some comfort in that fact.

Sorry for your daughter's loss. None of us should ever live long enough to see our kids suffer.

I have a friend who's wife had multiple miscarriages.  I asked him once if it ever got any easier knowing ahead of time that there was a strong possibility she wouldn't carry to full term. He said "No. Each miscarriage was more devastating than the one before it".

They now have 5 kids.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

Mojo, one of my very good friends had multiple miscarriages before carrying her beautiful daughter to term.  Each pregnancy brought hope and excitement, each loss brought pain, worry that a baby would never be delivered, and increased anxiety overall.  She now has two wonderful kids, has never been happier, and all in spite of great odds.  My sympathy to your daughter and her husband... and you. 

As for losing a parent... it's the loss of our childhood and the reminder that we're "on deck".  All those little special moments that transpire between child and parent over the course of our lifetimes now have only person to keep the memory alive.  It's the littlest things that tweak my emotions; a particular song, a phrase, the stale Easter Peeps that no longer appear in the mailbox... .  But Mum and Dad live on in my memory and little things I say and do.  And so it is with every one of us. 

Mike

Sorry cor mikes loss i know thebfeeling having lost me parents bolth sudenly my mother 25 years sgo to a stroke.  A nd my dad 3 years ago in a  drowning  accedent.

kodydog

Mojo and Miamimike sometimes life feels like our hearts are being ripped out but remember time heals all wounds. Our prayers go to you and your family.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

My thoughts and prayers go out to Mike and his family. It is tuff time. Time is great healer. Remember the good things Mike it helps.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

lc

I am at a loss for words ., I have always felt the need never to say sorry to hear about your loss ., yes it is the norm .,we never know what to say.
What I do say now is I don't have the words that can describe what your going through .
I lost my Father to Colon cancer and my mom and brother to lung cancer ...it's a pain only the family itself can bear.
Mike I know she'll always be in your heart .

Chris the fact that they keep trying regardless is a faith in itself...what we must go through in life is so challenging., Keep faith ..there are such things as miracles.

NDAV8R

Lost my sister, my mother, my father, my cousin, my uncle and my friend to cancer.

However there is Hope, since I am a Cancer Survivor!  For Fours years Now!!!
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

I meet 'Miami Mike' at this past years IFAI show. 

It's ALWAYS fun to meet people who introduce themselves by thier virtual online name first, and it makes sence; if he said, hello, my name is Mike, I would say OK, great, nice to meet you.  But...when he said "Hello, I'm MIAMI MIKE!" I knew exactly who he was! 

Very, very cool guy, freindly, nice, personable, all that. 

I feel for you Mike.

mike802

Sorry to hear about Mikes loss and also for your daughter and son in laws and of course for you whole family Chris.  Mike and your family will be in my prayers.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Virginia Taylor

Virginia Taylor
All American Etc Upholstery
Jacksonville, AR

regalman190

Mike....so sorry for your loss. It' s difficult to lose a parent. I lost my Mom 18 years ago. Think about her every day.

Chris, I'm sorry for your daughter and son-in-laws loss as well, as well as yours.

Joe
Regal Canvas

seamsperfect

Mike hang in there I lost my father last june.  He was a great man and will be missed.  Chris sorry about your daughters loss as well.
Kevin

Miami Mike

Thank you all for the kind words.

Bobbin- what you said is what I was thinking but just could not get the words out. Thank you for the help on getting the words for me. My mom was fighting cancer but she had a bad stroke and cold not recover from it. My father died in 2003 so the words are true. I do have a brother and a sister.

Mike
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna