Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 10:17:41 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Deadlines

Started by Mike, April 03, 2012, 05:27:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Well inhad two deadline. Jstomers leaving cor thebnorth one is done last week.
Now yesterday  i removed  some pontoon seats sith a deadline end of the.monthi just hate timeframes.
I for one tye leaving for ca and the laughlin river bike festival but i can do it when he gets back fortunatly. 

rustyeod

I know what you are talking about Mike.  It seems like I have accepted a few too many deposits, but I know that at some point it will be slow again.  Soooooo I just work when there's work and play when it slows down.  We do however close our doors and turn off the phone at least one day a week.

Mike

I used to be 7 days a week in NH rusty sat sunday, Customers came  to me mon to fri i did the work   Then  the ice came and all work  ended.

Mojo

This business is so crazy. Working with RV'ers can sometimes be interesting. I have customers who are changing locations every week.  They are in New Mexico one week and then AZ the next. They call or e-mail me and place an order and then give me a date slot as to when to ship it. I end up having to make it on a certain day and then ship it to their new location once they arrive. Timing is everything as some are only in a campground or resort for a week or so. :)

Then I have other customers like the one who contacted me today who wants to schedule a full slide topper order for August. I had one last week who scheduled the order for when he gets back to CA in June, on a certain week. :) Then I get an order yesterday for a full topper job and they need it pronto because they are leaving to head back North again for the summer.

It keeps things interesting and has demanded that I keep a very tight production schedule. Planning my schedule can be a real PITA.

Chris

Mike

Incan see where that would be a pia i wond set a sertain date to do somthing i dint knkw if ill be done with the previous job. You could sleays ship it to there ext stop couldnt ya.  Me my customer need it here on the bost  ut there leaving  for 8 months