Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 03:56:26 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Look

Started by Mike, March 14, 2012, 12:30:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Look what I saw today

Four more  cents up glfrom yesterday

SHHR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBOMjZU-aCE

This doesn't address gas costs specifically, but I think maybe in a round about way shows us what the problems are!
Enjoy.
Kyle

bobbin

ajlelectronics

Be VERY grateful. We are just approaching £1.50 per LITRE. That is £6.75 an Imperial gallon. That works out to around $10.50

gene

It will keep going up higher and higher with all the Republican candidates in the news. When Obama officially gets into the running the prices will drop drastically. This won't be the first time gas prices are used as a campaigning tool.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

Quote from: gene on March 14, 2012, 03:11:38 pm
When Obama officially gets into the running the prices will drop drastically.
gene

When did he ever stop.

Its always easy to give the sitting president a hard time. Remember all the harassment given to Bush when the gas prices skyrocketed. He and Cheney were making all their oil buddies rich. What goes around comes around.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

i liked the clinton years.
made money and it was entertaining .  ;)

Grebo

We are at €1.42 per litre, for Derv.

Suzi

scottymc

The fuel in my town today is by my calculation $6 U.S. for one of your American gallons, I believe the U.S. gallon is 3.5 litres and the gallon that everyone else uses is 4.5.

Probably time to get rid of those yank tanks and pick up trucks, I have a van with a 2.4 L engine that runs on L.P.G, costs around $50 to fill and I get 6 to 7 hundred kilometers a tank, when I was in america last, all I seen was big chevi type vans, I didn't  really see anything that was economical that a tradie could use. 

scarab29

Chevy , ford , and chrysler all have cng trucks on the plans and have committed to building them. Right now cng equivalent to a gallon of gasoline is 1.65 !!! Seems all the filling stations here in nj are private or govt' owned  !! Surprised?  I was born at night but not last night.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

gene

Many, many, many small business owners took advantage of Section 179 of US the tax code that allows full deduction in one year of tangible equipment that would normally be depreciated over many years - by buying a big old truck or SUV. The Escalade was a popular item to buy.

They have a big vehicle but the gas is killing them. I wonder how many of these folks came out on the short end of this carrot?

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

tiffanefields

The Clinton years were good because of the policies that Reagan put into effect.

Mike

im seeing more of thoose little ford vans like fragged 8 has. i have a rorge mini van with a 3,8 little i think and a dodge picl up with a 360 CI for the heavy and large jobs. i need a big truck when i load all  of a boats seat into it to bring tot  he shop to upholstery or to celever large stainless frames  bor a boat top  100" or more wide , when i was a kid i could put 5 buck in my old ford truck and drive all around town friday night

byhammerandhand

mixed metaphor?

Quote from: gene on March 15, 2012, 03:50:24 pm
I wonder how many of these folks came out on the short end of this carrot?

gene

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

bobbin

Oil is a finite resource.  When it's gone, it's gone.  Either party can crow all they want about "drill baby, drill" but the absolute reality is that prices are not going to come down.  Only a fool thinks they will.  The wealthier countries will be be able to pay for it for a longer period of time, but eventually a point of diminishing return will be met.  Oil is not the future, but for now we're stuck with it. 

So quit grousin', get used to it, and figure out how to use less of it/use it more thoughtfully and efficiently. 

Sheesh! I figured that out in 1973 after the "Oil Embargo"... remember that?