Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 02:18:17 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

This Week Suck's

Started by Mojo, March 01, 2012, 03:18:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

sofadoc, do you think that guy overheard you talking about upholstery to the owner and he butted in, or do you think he just happened to be there at the same time?

Why would the owner ever want to work with someone who has no problem with instigating physical violence? What would this guy do to the owner if the owner did something that this guy didn't like?

Wow. What a weird experience.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on March 01, 2012, 07:18:00 pm
sofadoc, do you think that guy overheard you talking about upholstery to the owner and he butted in, or do you think he just happened to be there at the same time?
The manager called me, and me only. He didn't solicit bids from anyone else. I've been doing his work for years. The guy overheard us, and butted in as if I was invisable.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Kody:

I was taught at a young age that success in business means nothing unless it is accomplished with  integrity and morals. Sadly, this country has evolved into a slime pit filled with greed and a complete lack of ethics. This is obvious when you look at Wall Street.

I could have been a multi millionaire years ago if I would have thrown my ethics and moral foundation out the window. But my beliefs and principles, not to mention being able to live with myself meant much more to me then money. I wanted to be sure I liked the person I seen every morning in the mirror.

I learned real quick in the corporate world that the way to get ahead was to be ruthless and throw your ethics out the window. I couldn't do it which is why I never obtained CEO or millionaire status. :)

Chris

gene

March 02, 2012, 06:12:42 am #18 Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:13:20 am by gene
I was reading an interview and the interviewer mentioned someone as being a nice guy. The person being interviewed said, "Oh no. He's not a nice guy. He's a billionaire." The assumption is that they are mutually exclusive.

I was delivering furniture to the house of a VP for a fortune 100 company. This guy went out of his way to encourage me to buy his company's stock. He had glowing words about how it was going up. Of course I bought some stock. 6 weeks later the company filed for bankruptcy.  Their stock went in the toilet. This guy received a $2 million dollar bonus that year, on top of his million dollar plus salary. He was trying to get anyone he could to buy the stock so the price would go up, even just a few pennies, so that when he sold his just before they filed for bankruptcy he could make a few extra dollars. Now that's not a nice guy!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

jojo

Totally agree, Gene and Chris. I just finished a fantastic book called "The Psycopath Test". The author had a hunch that most ceo's posess psychopathic traits, and set off to prove it. Very interesting.

Mojo

My favorite story of a CEO is the former head of Home Depot. After running the company into a ditch and turning it into a financial nightmare he exited as CEO with millions of dollars in bonuses.

This country is filled with greed which starts at the top and filters downward.

Chris

Mike

when i was still in NH i did some work for a former texas resident after i did the work i found out  who he was. a former bigwig at enron , had i known my price may have been larger.
and ive done work for a former ceo of a large oil company . A very nice and fair guy .