Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 11:19:12 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

The Unveiling - Yikes

Started by Mojo, February 07, 2012, 06:10:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I would like to request that all you fine people take a gander at my new website to see what you think. I need input, criticisms, a knock in the head or whatever so I can tweak this site and call it done.

I maybe a marketing dude but one thing I am not is a code writer or a graphic artist so I am planning on getting a working site up then passing it onto a professional for his/her final touches.

If you have the time could you please take a look and let me know what you think ? if it sucks, say so. :)

Here is the web address: www.stonevos.com

Thanks gang.

Chris

P.S. Bobbin, Keith and Doyle. Could you please look at the content and give me your advice in as far as grammar, punctuation's and word usage. The three of you seem to have a firm grip on the english language. :) Thank you folks. You can PM me your ideas and advice if you prefer.

mike802

I think it looks great Chris, very professional and it held my interest.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

RocketmanMH1

February 07, 2012, 07:06:14 am #2 Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:08:26 am by RocketmanMH1
Only one error that I see..  On your topper page your text overlays your bottom outline.

If I were in the market for your product I would like to see the info on the thread warranty in bright colors or made to be the focus of one page.   You could also highlight some pictures of your stitch quality in detail.    You know,  The stitches always make it POP !!

You have a great website, It looks awesome!

Oh, I missed the part about the PMs.

Mojo

Thank you Mike. I am not happy with it myself but then I am never happy with anything. :)
My OCD takes over and I try and polish and shine everything to perfection, including my website.

I may give your guy a call and see what they would charge me to polish this site off and create my facebook page. Could you please PM me their contact info on facebook ? Thanks Mike.

BTW, I knew it would catch your interest being a Bus nut like me. :)

Chris

Mojo

Thanks Rocket. This is why I asked for help. One should never rely on one's own eyes to review a web site or marketing materials. It is always better to get as many eyes looking that you can.

The more the merrier. :)

Thanks again for your input.

Chris

ahkahn

Chris,

Looks great!  Professional, easy to read, and well done!

-Andrew

Grebo

Chris, nice job. The OH is still working on ours  ::)

My input, some minor rewording, make you pictures clicky thumbnails for a better look, add a close up of your stitching as rocketman said.

;D Nice.

Suzi

TheHogRing

Fantastic job mojo! The site is clean, professional and easy to navigate!

Mike

February 07, 2012, 11:01:03 am #8 Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:05:09 am by Mike
one quick this i notices was on som eof the pages the  navigation menue  awning / Topper
the info below that on some paged like on the hopme page only showed a couple dots on nthe info top parts on my screen wich is a old big  tube screen

pds also i d may have missed it but on the product and misc products pages i didnt see any window screen cover mentioned or pics.

Mojo

I didn't mention anything about the solar screens. I am at a cross roads and need to make a decision as  to whether I want to offer that service anymore. My margins are a little squeezed since I am paying someone else to install them.

I do not know what to do. I may just offer them if someone requests them. I am too bogged down now with toppers and awnings.

Chris

Mike

February 07, 2012, 12:05:59 pm #10 Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:08:52 pm by Mike
 well don't forget I saw the navigation menu issue
yes e en now on my I phone the info is cut off on some pages only awning /toppers
others.  Awning /topper
               Info

Peppy

Nice site! I didn't notice the problem with the menu. Guess I wasn't looking hard enough.

One question: what's a Wearforce ©? Google only returned a bunch of mining sites. 'Wearforce + awning' returned threads from here. I only bring it up because of that other thread where you mentioned how people were bringing up conversations from here, and it being all in bold and ©'d made me curious. And curiosity led me straight here....
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on February 07, 2012, 06:10:55 am
one thing I am not is a code writer or a graphic artist so I am planning on getting a working site up then passing it onto a professional for his/her final touches.
I know a guy at a local restaurant that always says "I'm no cook, but if the cook ain't here, I can cook till the cook gets here!"
You may not be a web designer, but in a pinch, you'll certainly do! Wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't look any better after a pro gets a hold of it.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

actually for me on my pc and phone  only  the awning/ topper info page is the only page that info shows up. the rest it is just the tips of the top

Mojo

Peppy:

I wanted to brand my awnings and toppers so I came up with the name Wearforce. The little circled C is the copyright to that name which I have. I also branded my solar screens Solarforce.

I figured it would be alot easier for RV'ers to remember Wearforce awning rather then my name........lol

Chris