Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 08:23:11 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Spam e mail

Started by Mike, February 02, 2012, 05:38:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

even though I block my email from public I got a slam
it said it was from a hearing impaired guy who was going to be moving to my state but was still in a hospital could I reupholstering a couch with the dimentions   
They would probly want to ship me the cou k but could I pay the shipper if I bit.
I don't do sofas

gene

February 02, 2012, 06:00:15 am #1 Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:00:44 am by gene
The nice thing about working with the hard of hearing is that you can use fabric with really loud colors and it doesn't bother them.

Can you tell I've been listening to comics on youtube? google 'comedians hecklers'. I know they do it for a living, but some comedians are funnier dealing with hecklers than they are with their standup routines.

I may have mentioned this before, but I know a lady who got an email from a soldier coming home from Afghanistan who wanted her to get his house clean for him so he could come home to a clean house. After several emails he agreed to pay her $800 and said he would send a money order for $1000 and asked her to send him the extra $200 so he could use it for travel expenses. She was so excited to get this job and she was so pleased that a stranger would trust her. Seeing the expression on my face, she quickly added that she had talked to her attorney about this and he said it was a scam. ROFLMAO.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

DBR1957

Many scams like this. What happens is you receive a check, deposit it, send the excess to the alleged customer. Then the check bounces and you're left on the hook for the full amount owed to the bank and the Ba****d has their money.

I've had a few of these offers but knew better.

kodydog

Quote from: Mike on February 02, 2012, 05:38:12 am
I don't do sofas

Hay Mike send him Sofa Doc's E-mail, he does sofas  :P
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on February 03, 2012, 07:22:44 pm
Quote from: Mike on February 02, 2012, 05:38:12 am
I don't do sofas

Hay Mike send him Sofa Doc's E-mail, he does sofas  :P
Thanks Kody, I already sent you a $500 commission check. But I  accidentaly made the check out for $1000. So just deposit it and send me the difference. ;D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban