Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 03:43:00 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Customer / Our Forum Discussion

Started by Mojo, January 19, 2012, 04:32:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Darren suggested the PM route. I wonder if there is a way to send out mass PM's? Just like with your regular e-mail address book? I know you can create a "buddy list" in your profile section. Is there a way to send a blanket PM to everyone on your buddy list? Of course, all conversations would be one-on-one, instead of a group discussion.

I understand your predicament with RV'ers being so "forum savvy".

In the couch biz, most of my customers have already found fabric online cheaper than I can get it. Then they call me asking if I can beat $9.95 yd.
Maybe WE should infiltrate THEIR forums. :D

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

PDQ

Just bringing this up for my two pennies worth;

I think it would be a mistake having a private sub forum. I'm a member of staff on a forum with over 200K members that has over 200K topics with 6 million plus posts. We have a private area, and these guys actually pay for the privilege. It's my experience that once the users gain access to the private area their posting in the public area becomes less frequent and in turn lowers the quality of the public area because those whom stick to the private areas tend to be the most informative. 

Grebo

And another thing..

I went out & joined a club which professed to be a 'guild' of ...... better not say, but sewing oriented.  ;) UK based.
Well the membership included their quarterly magazine & the 'secret changing password' which was sent out with the mag.
Well the magazine was OK, there was at least one thing in each edition which was of interest to me & it is one of very few in that field,  but the super special membership only forum. One of the reasons I signed up !  Was complete *hite.
Very few posters at all, I made a comment about opening up some of it to 'the public' which didn't receive one single comment even though the people running the thing had been on writing about other things.
Very disappointed, I thought it had great potential & guess what, I didn't renew.

Suzi

byhammerandhand

I won't belong to any organization that would have me as a member.

Groucho Marx

Quote from: Grebo on February 10, 2012, 06:50:05 am
And another thing..

I went out & joined a club which professed to be a 'guild' of ...... better not say, but sewing oriented.  ;) UK based.
Well the membership included their quarterly magazine & the 'secret changing password' which was sent out with the mag.
Well the magazine was OK, there was at least one thing in each edition which was of interest to me & it is one of very few in that field,  but the super special membership only forum. One of the reasons I signed up !  Was complete *hite.
Very few posters at all, I made a comment about opening up some of it to 'the public' which didn't receive one single comment even though the people running the thing had been on writing about other things.
Very disappointed, I thought it had great potential & guess what, I didn't renew.

Suzi
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison