Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 07:21:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Camouflage Mossy Oak

Started by sofadoc, January 11, 2012, 03:57:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

I had a customer bring in a wing chair. She specified that she wanted Camouflage Mossy Oak.
I went online and ordered it here:
http://www.snydercreek.com/mossyoak.asp

I got the fabric in today.
I didn't know that the logo was repeated every 10"-12". Neither did the customer.

Their website says "No returns". Guess I'm stuck with it.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

Do you think she finally decided to replace that plastic chair she has in her duck blind?

I always have my customers pay up front for the fabric.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

Sorry that happened Gene.

I have had my screw ups like everyone else. Happens to the best of us. Onward my friend. :)

Chris

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on January 11, 2012, 04:06:53 pm
I always have my customers pay up front for the fabric.
I usually don't order from online places, so I haven't run into a problem like this before. My suppliers will always take the fabric back if there's something that me or the customer didn't anticipate.
I feel like it was my responsibility to know what to expect, so I won't hold the customer accountable. I'll put it in my window. I'm sure that some outdoorsman will buy it.

CreativeCanvas

Quote from: sofadoc on January 11, 2012, 03:57:48 pmI didn't know that the logo was repeated every 10"-12". Neither did the customer
So why did she specify it? Why should you be screwed because of her choice of material. You gave her exactly what she ordered? She owns it!

Thank God I've only had that happen to me once or twice. Nowadays all that crap gets settled way before I order material.

kodydog

January 11, 2012, 07:50:43 pm #5 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:53:34 pm by kodydog
The sample on the link doesn't show the logo. But like you said somebody will buy it. Camo is hot right now. Maybe you could make thongs for pick-ups.   ;D
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

QuoteTheir website says "No returns". Guess I'm stuck with it.

I'd at least talk to them and see what they were willing to do.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Chill

It mearns it is the real deal, like wearing NIKE on your sportswear or Levis on your jeans.

sofadoc

January 13, 2012, 04:04:19 pm #8 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 06:56:09 pm by sofadoc
Quote from: Chill on January 13, 2012, 07:27:22 am
It mearns it is the real deal, like wearing NIKE on your sportswear or Levis on your jeans.

I guess so, cause the woman talked it over with her son (the chair was for him), and he said that the logo was not only OK, but preferred.
I finished it today:

This might be a niche item that I can sell a lot of. There are plenty of "tasteful impaired" customers out there.

CreativeCanvas

Suweet! See I told ya it'd be allright?

Now alls we need is some Harley camo ...

kodydog

January 13, 2012, 07:13:45 pm #10 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:17:04 pm by kodydog
Sofa I don't know how you did it but that chair looks very cool. Way to go.

Maybe you can talk the Church Lady into a little Mossy Oak.  :D

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on January 13, 2012, 07:13:45 pm
Maybe you can talk the Church Lady into a little Mossy Oak.  :D

If that's supposed to be a sexual inuendo.................OK!!! :D

Anyway, that fabric is actually pretty nice to work with. It's a nice medium weight, with a "brushed denim" feel. And the great thing about it is.....you sure as heck don't have to worry about pattern matching or centering (at least I didn't ;)).

I think I'm gonna start putting that stuff on EVERYTHING. If anyone complains, I'm just gonna say "KODY told me to!"

kodydog

Quote from: sofadoc on January 13, 2012, 08:09:09 pm

If that's supposed to be a sexual inuendo.................OK!!! :D

I swear this is all I meant.

http://www.amazon.com/Mossy-Personal-Giant-Print-Bible/dp/1418534331

Jeez your gonna have me burning in hell.  :o

sofadoc

Straight to the gutter!!!! That's where MY mind went! ;D