Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 09, 2024, 03:19:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

new topic troubles

Started by albyneau, December 27, 2011, 05:14:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

albyneau

tried to post, errored my pic~ tried again, said I alredy posted!  Yet it's nowhere to be found....

albyneau

December 27, 2011, 05:18:45 pm #1 Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:20:06 pm by albyneau
photobucket try~

Can somebody decode this for me?  It looks like an Excel file that didnt hold it's formatting...?

It's from the "before you ask stupid questions" for newbies folder....

bobbin

Give me plans, tell me what  you want to make, and I can do it. 

But posting pictures (let alone "clickable links") FORGET IT.  I hate picturetrail, the advertising drives me nuts and I've never been successful in any of my attempts.  Just stupid, I guess.  I understand your frustration, but am of no use in any practical sense.  Sorry. 

kodydog

I think what you have there is http://get-up-and-go.com/upholstery-forum/index.php?topic=6371.0
Thread and needle sizes
Posted by Big John in ALL NUBIES CLICK HERE. Great thread BTW.

Posting pictures is a big PITA. But a necessary PITA. Seems like they take up a ton of memory. So the masters ask that we use a service called Photobucket. How to use photobucket is explained here
http://get-up-and-go.com/upholstery-forum/index.php?topic=7472.0

Hdflame  did a great job explaining how to use photobucket but it still can be very confusing. Getting your photos onto photobucket is the easy part. Just follow their instructions. Posting them onto the forum is the hard part. IMO.

If this is the problem your experiencing let me know and I will try to give you a step by step instruction on how to do it.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Quote from: bobbin on December 28, 2011, 04:18:51 pm
I hate picturetrail, the advertising drives me nuts
I think you mean that you hate Photobucket (right?).
When I click on pics that others have posted here through Photobucket or Picturetrail, I don't get any pop-up ads.
Do you guys get a lot of ads when you click on my Photobucket-linked pics?
Does it depend on what type of pop-up blocker your computer has?

See if this explanation is any clearer:
After you've uploaded a pic on Photobucket, move your cursor over the pic until you see several thumbnail options. Click on the IMG thumb code. The word "copied" will briefly appear. Then come back here to your message box and right click/paste.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

Yes, I did mean photobucket.  (what a goofball)