Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 08, 2024, 10:26:27 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Sattler Fabrics

Started by Mojo, December 03, 2011, 05:31:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I just got my Sattler sample book and I must say Bobbin is right. No one can match their designs or colors. It is awesome stuff. I have never seen these designs before and some are out of this world cool.

You can surely see the European influence in the colors and design. I believe it is manufactured in Sweden though they are a German company so it has the European quality behind it. It reminds me a little bit of the Recacril with its weave but from what I am told is a higher quality fabric. Actually I had an awning manufacturer that makes commercial and residential awnings tell me this is the top of the line fabric for awnings. No idea if it is true.

I just got an order yesterday to do 4 awnings using Sattler so I am excited about using it for the first time. I had to upcharge my customer because Sattler costs $ 2 to $3 more per yard.

I will report back once I have sewn the awnings in two weeks or so.

Chris

bobbin

I can't speak to Sattler's quality relative to that of Glen Raven's Sunbrella.  I selected it for the design and color ways.  My experience is that the "guarantees" are pretty uniform from one manufacturer to the next, and because I'm not in the "sun belt" I don't fret too much about UV issues (aside from fade).

It worked up beautifully and I will be sure to keep you informed of its wearability as the awings on my shop age.  I stitched them with topstitched seams (first stitch line is hidden from the sun) and I used 138 thread. 

The first set of awnings I made for our home was made from Sunbrella, and they lasted 10 yrs. with one restitch (I can't fault that performance).  The canopy over the deck is a Dixon 6 bar, the panels are heat welded, and the canopy will enter its 7th. season of service when I put it up next April.  It is showing signs of age and it's time to treat the lacing strips on the "roof" with some plastiseam, they leaked a bit over the summer... , but again, I can't fault the quality of the goods.  It's time to think about replacing it, and I'm not sure what I'll use to get the job done. 

Mojo

I am not a stripe fan and neither are my customers. But I have to admit their stripes are just awesome. I was blown away by some of the designs. The way they blend the colors is very cool. I will not be surprised if a few customers go to stripes on their coaches.  :D

Chris

Mike8560

Emeber you saying Chris you had a dealer who specicily wanted recscril. Ha e you told them about this satler?

Mojo

No I wanted to wait till after I did the first job with it. I will tell him after that though and take in some fabric for him to look at.

Chris