Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 04:22:00 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

I Am Geeked

Started by Mojo, November 17, 2011, 06:42:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Ladies and Gent's..........we are talking about a HUGE bobbin winding party. Bring your bobbins and thread and lets have a party.

I finally scored an industrial bobbin winder for a very CHEAP price - $ 75.00. It is a Bengal One and the answer to my bobbin winding headaches of having to use my machines. I can now set down, watch TV and wind bobbins at the same time and not abuse my machines anymore.

List price for this model is $ 200. I got this one off E-Slay. It was used a couple times and is like new. I am so geeked and cannot wait to get it.

Here it is in action: [urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p74tjuctEBQ][/url]

Lets have a party gang.........:)

Chris

sofadoc

YOUR GEEKNESS
I bow to you.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

JuneC

WooHoo!  Congrats on the bobbin winder, Chris! 

I want one like whoever it was on here who modified a drill?  or whatever???? to wind bobbins.  Sounds like a good time to me  ;D  In any case, I'll bring the hors d'oeuvres.  and maybe a bottle of red.   :-*

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

Sounds good June. Maybe we can find a good movie to watch and let Mike do all the bobbin winding. It is one of his favorite things to do. :)

We may as well invite Kody so he can keep an eye on Mike for us. :)

Chris

sofadoc

Thanks a lot Chris. Because of your Bengal One, everyone has RSVP'd and said they aren't coming to my BW party so they can go to YOURS!
I had already rented a bounce house (which turned out to be a bad idea, with all the tacks and staples on the floor).
I set up games like "Pin the skirt on the sofa", and "Bobbing for hog rings".
I found a sale on a box of Moon Pies, and a 12-pack of Hy-top diet root beer at the Sack-n-save.
Guess I'll take down all the streamers (actually, they're just selvages).
Oh well, more Moon Pies for ME!!

kodydog

I'll get a keg of Yuengling and turn this into a real party. Some amplifiers and a wall of speakers. Yahoo. I hate to keep bringing this up but didn't you say something about Hooter girls? That will get Mike there for sure.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

November 18, 2011, 10:32:41 am #6 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:33:20 am by Mojo
Yes I did mention something about Hooters Girls. I figured June or Bobbin would not be serving us so I am bringing in a few of my girlfriends. :)

This picture is from the last party you guys all missed.

http://throgmartin.com/Photos/Chris/Concordhooters.jpg

Chris

bobbin

Even though I "roll  my own" as I go I'll come over.  I'll even carry a tray of hors d'oevres.  Should I wear my bunny suit with the tail?   ::)

(sounds like quite a score, Mojo.  I just bartered a new zipper in a jacket for sharpening the cutters of the button making set up I just bought.  I can't wait to try it out!)

Mike8560

Quote from: Mojo on November 18, 2011, 04:56:16 am
Sounds good June. Maybe we can find a good movie to watch and let Mike do all the bobbin winding. It is one of his favorite things to do. :)

We may as well invite Kody so he can keep an eye on Mike for us. :)

Chris
Ill bring a box of prewounds and a case of corona;)
sound cool Chris if I winded all my bobbins I sure would like one too

sofadoc

No wonder everybody goes to YOUR party. You've got Bobbin in a bunny suit (my party planner got confused, and sent me a bunny in a bobbin suit).

kodydog

Quote from: Mojo on November 18, 2011, 10:32:41 am
http://throgmartin.com/Photos/Chris/Concordhooters.jpg
Chris

OK Mojo, If I was some kind of a smart @$$ I might say, "A thorn between four roses". Or maybe suggest a little Photoshop going on there.

But I'm not. So all I can say is, I can see why YOUR smiling but what the heck are the girls smiling about. ;D
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on November 18, 2011, 05:58:38 pm
I can see why YOUR smiling but what the heck are the girls smiling about.

They're smiling because the one on the left just lifted his wallet. :D

gene

I heard a guy say that on Mother's Day, his mom announced that she did not want to cook and wanted to out for Mother's Day dinner. AND, she did not want to have to wait in line. So, he took his mom to Hooters.

Don't forget to wear your togas at your party.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!