Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 08, 2024, 06:21:04 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bolster clips

Started by Mike8560, November 04, 2011, 04:05:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Anyone know of a source besideS MH

JuneC

Are you replacing or adding new hangers?  I prefer the z-clips (aka french cleats) instead of the 1/2" offset hangers.  The round holes are just not accurate enough to hang exactly where you want.  Lots of people sell aluminum french cleats.  Here's one eBay seller with a 48" piece for a really good price.  You'd have to cut and drill, of course.  You could cut into 2" sections, one on the hull, one on the bolster (rotated 180 degrees).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANEL-PICTURE-HANGER-CLIP-Z-BAR-/220579126628?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335b8a5d64

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

Replasing   I have a decknoat that tad some heavy plastic clips

Darren Henry

I've used picture hangers from Home hardware , Canadian tire etc...Sorry I don't have a picture but, the best way to describe them is with a visual: Spread the first three fingers of your right hand slightly and start to flip some one the bird. Now your left. Now turn one hand palm out,the other palm in and slide your fingers together.

I tried to take a picture of this but ran out of fingers. Tee Hee
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike8560

TsIT's odd there plenty of boats that use theese Nd I e seen a few different style  so you'd think mote sldistri utor of matine vinyl would have some but I've only seen  mNart who I do t conside a marine upholstery sillier to have them

Blue

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/GAR-99136/Garelick+Upholstery+Clips+99136.html%20?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=nexttag&gdftrk=gdfV22933_a_7c742_a_7c2312_a_7cGAR_d_99136

Mike8560

Thanks for the link!
Is there anymore folks know of?

JuneC

Hi Blue!  Glad to see you back.  Those are crazy expensive, but I've never seen them in stainless before.  Accounts for the price, I guess. 

Mike you can find lots of "offset clips" usually sold by glaziers (glass people) and art warehouses for hanging canvases.  They're in the range of 10 to 20 cents apiece, but are unidentified "metal". 

http://www.cheapjoes.com/cat/5401/

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

I just did maxim that had plastic clips I had a fee I found like the ones blue linked.
It had slot of pieces 19 counting two bucket seats they were so complex with a hole in thebback a headrest and a round shaped bolster that iped up
to
stand.  The took a day per seat sat and Sunday 
Now I've got a starcraft deckboat set.  Theese also have clips but with thoose metal
tabs on the bottom to hold them down.  Never seen them either forsale

The maxim they slipped them on the clips then put a bunch of screws in from the backside  before they put the
hull and deck together.  With no
access to
the screws I had to pry them off the wall , that how a fee got broke.