Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:34:08 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Traditional chesterfield

Started by alge, November 03, 2011, 03:07:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alge

I thought i would share these images of a chesterfield sofa that i am making from new.

i started with a concept on paper and then got to work, the frame was made for me by some genius frame makers in London. The sofa its self is going to end up as a four seater @ 2.5 mtrs long.  :o

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i218/boardlaw/Chesterfield/?start=all

The sofa will take me a few weeks to make as i am teaching three days per week at the moment so please be patient.

Basic method

• Beech frame with Mahogany feet

• Hand sprung

• Independent lashed back

• Horse hair stuffing

• Deep buttoned throughout

• Full seat, independent front bible edge

• Hand dyed Aniline hide

• Hand nailed finish to front faces

I will be doing one less row of buttons on the sofa than is shown in the drawing and there are two upholstered boxes to go with it. some steps are missing from the album as the images are on my phone & are not from my lumix. i will update the album when i get a chance.

I hope you enjoy seeing it come together i certainly am enjoying doing this monster of a beast.

;D

mike802

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

R.A.F. CaNvAs

Good grief .... So ya going for coil springs in the back and the seat....
      wow  .. Diamond button and pleated  seat and back too ?
        Rounded corners or pulled through the frame ?
      Keep the pix coming I'm intrigued.