Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 04:14:52 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New sewing machine

Started by RocketmanMH1, September 21, 2011, 03:15:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: scottymc on September 29, 2011, 01:14:24 pm
Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on September 23, 2011, 10:56:57 am
Quote from: scottymc on September 22, 2011, 04:09:53 pm
Hey gregg,
This 1245 copy, does the phaff binder fit straight onto it, I am looking at selling up in awhile and will less room so I need to cull my machines and a 1245 with a binder is the do all machine for me, second hand one are few and far between. 

scottymc,

Yes, if you hexistingisiting Pfaff attachment, it should fit onto this the Mauser Spezial 1245.  Again, it's a really nice machine, and I've sold to our finicky Pfaff customers who have been very satisfied. 

Hi Gregg
I have found the Mauser website and emailed them to find a dealer in Aus. but no reply, if you get talking to them in dealings with them can you ask if they have dealers in aus or can you pass on an email address that will answer.

I know someone who you can contact.  I'll post with contact information from work tomorrow.

thomas_sew24

If you are interested to buy the actual most wanted product in the market, you should check the Dürkopp Adler M-Type series. They are available from low-cost to top-level versions, but all built on the same modular basis

BigJohn

Wasn't one of the lost posts the revelation that Thomas_sew24 worked for Adler?

slodat

That is correct. He didn't respond after that.

I got my new Consew 25" long arm machine today. It is a joy!!

BigJohn

That 25" reach has got to make canvas repairs a lot easier! It is my opinion that most everyone on this board envies you and your machine!

slodat

It is a great machine. The servo positioner motor really makes the thing sweet. Now I have a lot of work to get done to pay for it!

thomas_sew24

Quote from: BigJohn on October 17, 2011, 07:48:06 pm
Wasn't one of the lost posts the revelation that Thomas_sew24 worked for Adler?

Yes, there is no secret about that, I have posted it in my profile. I work for Dürkopp Adler and have joined the forum because I think it is highly interesting, should be read by upholstery sewing machine manufacturers, and may be a possibility to exchange and share experiences.
I felt invited by the site introduction "We expect many, many more upholsterers, manufacturers, decorators, trade schools, suppliers, and do-it-yourselfers to be regular visitors to our ever changing pages at upholster.com. Join us!"

sofadoc

Quote from: thomas_sew24 on October 11, 2011, 06:10:13 am
If you are interested to buy the actual most wanted product in the market, you should check the Dürkopp Adler M-Type series.

While I don't for one minute dispute the fact that Adler makes a really fine product, I would like to see some stats that back up such a bold statement.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

Come on doc, don't state bringing facts and figures into the issue. You'll just get everything all confused and messed up.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

Quote from: gene on October 26, 2011, 04:29:18 pm
Come on doc, don't state bringing facts and figures into the issue. You'll just get everything all confused and messed up.
gene

Are we talking about sewing machines or presidential elections?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on October 26, 2011, 05:57:33 pm
Are we talking about sewing machines or presidential elections?

What's the difference?
They both have to deal with a lot of tension.
They both run smoothly at first.
But they both end up in a tangled up mess.

thomas_sew24

Quote from: sofadoc on October 26, 2011, 03:57:08 pm
Quote from: thomas_sew24 on October 11, 2011, 06:10:13 am
If you are interested to buy the actual most wanted product in the market, you should check the Dürkopp Adler M-Type series.

While I don't for one minute dispute the fact that Adler makes a really fine product, I would like to see some stats that back up such a bold statement.

I have joined this forum to listen, learn and help, and was only wondering why the M-Type was not discussed here when I posted the comment.
I could tell you a lot of facts, but I think nobody needs them. It is more interesting to see user comments and not Dürkopp Adler management statements. The machine features speak for themselves.

I am more concerned that my approach to help some people with a post in this forum to free vintage manuals and parts list like for Adler class 104 and 105, etc. was erased. I don´t know why and if I should post it again.

sofadoc

Quote from: thomas_sew24 on October 27, 2011, 02:30:49 am
I am more concerned that my approach to help some people with a post in this forum to free vintage manuals and parts list like for Adler class 104 and 105, etc. was erased. I don´t know why and if I should post it again.

About a week's worth of ALL posts were lost a couple weeks ago due to a virus that attacked the discussion forum.
We do appreciate your input. I think that some interpreted your posts as strictly an Adler sales pitch.
Please feel free to join in some of our BS sessions as well. ;)

Tejas

Thomas,

As sofadoc mentions your post as well as several others, including mine, were inadvertently lost. I think I recall one that asked you about parts that seem to be the purpose of your sew24.com Web site.

BTW, I assume you mean parts and free vintage manuals, and not free vintage manuals and parts.

As for parts, if I understand correctly, the shipping terms might be a problem for most folks.

Free shipping (edited to U.S. currency punctuation from European currency punctuation):

- in Germany above 50 EUR,
- to the European Union above 1,000 EUR,
- to non-EU countries above 2,500 EUR
Dave

Juki 1508; Bernina 217 with CAM Reader