Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:04:20 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Upholstery Courses

Started by armchair, September 13, 2011, 09:19:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

armchair

I have found a really good upholstery course, run by a professional upholsterer,it is in Lincoln and details are on their website: www.upholsterycourse.co.uk

gene

September 13, 2011, 04:51:08 pm #1 Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:55:47 pm by gene
Edward and Jenny Crowther look like real nice people. I enjoyed perusing their web site.

I was wondering if they only used tacks, but I did see an air hose in one of the pictures.

Thanks for the link, but I am in the US and I wouldn't know how to use metric scissors any how.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

armchair

They use staple guns connected to an air compressor for most of their commercial modern upholstery work, but they use old fashioned tacks for traditional work. Students can use either.

alge

Quote from: gene on September 13, 2011, 04:51:08 pm
Edward and Jenny Crowther look like real nice people. I enjoyed perusing their web site.

I was wondering if they only used tacks, but I did see an air hose in one of the pictures.

Thanks for the link, but I am in the US and I wouldn't know how to use metric scissors any how.

gene

Dont worry Gene 10" or 12" shears cut metre lengths just as easy as yards. Thankfully we went metric the Antiques didn't.

Thanks for the link Armchair, it looks a good site and maybe they would be interested in joining our national association.

cbx

I am looking for an auto/boat upholstery training/classes/courses with in a few states of New York.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!