Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 03:24:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Warranties & Instructions

Started by Mojo, September 10, 2011, 08:47:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I was just wondering if I am the only nut case that hands out written warranties and instructions with their products.

I give each customer a manilla envelope with my business sticker on the front. Inside I include several business cards for referrals to friends in addition to a couple advertising post cards explaining the services I provide.

I also include a copy of our written warranty. Also is a thank you letter for buying our product and a separate sheet of instructions such as installation tips and manufacturers care instructions. Most RV'ers like these and put them in their paperwork for their motorcoach. The majority keep very detailed and accurate records and some have files 3 inches thick of information. My coach alone when new came with a real nice folder box and it had over 4 inches of manuals inside it.

I sometimes think my approach is overkill but then I get compliments for the information I include.

I am just wondering if anyone else does this ?

Chris

Mike8560

Your products Re shipped off and you don't see tbe customer.
I'd say it's. Good idea. If I orders somthing I'd expect the same. As car as referals e dry do often whe. I get a big job  bridge and like s 13 pa el enclosure project  they will ask for a referal. TNT probly once e ery two years.  And I don't have there info any longer. Ya my own fault.   And I e given out thebwarrenty cards from sunbrella when they gave them to me.

fragged8

good idea on the package Mojo, i've been thinking
of giving care instructions to customers.

But i've not thought about cards for referrals
also a personal thank you is a really good idea.

Rich

Allan

Chris

By the amount of work you are picking up you are obviously doing something right
I think it is a great idea to get your message out there
I handed out leaflets for another enterprise some years ago and it was very popular with clients

Allan

Mojo

I failed to mention that inside this info packet I also include warranty and info materials from the manufacturers. Solarfix puts out real nice warranty cards and product info and Recassens made me up some very nice RV fliers for insertion in the packets as well. The lady from Recassens sat down and designed these specifically for me with the picture of a high end coach on it. They are real professional looking. They give a description of Recacril and I also believe they include warranty info.

I also make sure I sew all the Recacril and Solarfix tags to the awnings which makes them look professional as well.

There is support out there from suppliers and manufacturers, you just have to ask for it. :)

Chris