Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 03:30:13 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

crazy

Started by lruthb, September 09, 2011, 10:06:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lruthb

I have a beautiful antique rocker the seat to be dear hyde. I'm not sure if the excess stretch of the leather or the placing of the decorator tacks is more challenging.
Have a good weekend everybody!

gene

I would think getting the hide off the deer would be the most difficult thing.

I just had an interior designer tell me that she likes the look of leather furniture when there is an impression in the leather seat or seat cushion that shows use. She thinks that's a wonderful look that has it's place in some interior decorating.

I think decorative tacks are more difficult. They can make or break the project more than well placed, yet slightly stretchy, leather.

Good luck and I'd love to see a picture when it's finished.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

Quote from: lruthb on September 09, 2011, 10:06:37 am
I have a beautiful antique rocker the seat to be dear hyde. I'm not sure if the excess stretch of the leather or the placing of the decorator tacks is more challenging.
Have a good weekend everybody!

Not sure if that's a question or a statement. Can't say I've ever worked with Dear hide but can tell you we have plenty of the buggers around here. Please do show pics of the finished project.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html