Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:09:23 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bimini add-ons

Started by RandyOnR3, August 28, 2011, 04:49:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyOnR3

as we all know, the price point is pretty much set for how much you can charge for a dodger or bimini these days, so I've looked for ways to make a few extra bucks out of what we are already doing..........................
  What started out as a request from a fellow sailboater has gained a popular add-on in our shop...........
   What I'm doing is adding pockets to the inside of the bimini , in the sides or in the top of the dodger tword the sides..... Map pockets, GPS pockets, built in..
   I've installed flaps inside the overhead of the bimini to shove a chart into..
put pockets inside the side of a dodger to hold a GPS..
   On one recently I installed a tube from the front bow to the rear bow, bent a little at both ends to clear the center.. then installed a zippered pouch for the captain to keep his goodies in..
   you'd be surprised, a few extra dollars for a pocket for the guy to put his cigars in can go a long way...  I've turned a 2000 dollar dodger and bimini into 2500 easily buy just adding options.. and the best part.......

the extras are uasally made from the scrap of the project.............................