Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 05:30:31 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Opinion

Started by Mike8560, August 13, 2011, 08:12:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Should ihave teal stripe or not

Matching. Teal  stripes
2 (28.6%)
All white no stripe
0 (0%)
Just a teal piping
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Mike8560

I'm redoing my upholstery I did the leaning post first.  White quilted then teal stopes then smooth white I did the front of the conse seat  then changed it  as I didn't  like the wayit look
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/seacraft/photo2-26.jpg
there's how it looks
I'm making coaming pads and had the idea to have secraft logos embroidered onto The vinyl.
I'm think if I have white quilt then teAl stripes then smoothe white with a teal logo the stripe on each side to match the rest of the boat may be too much and I'm thinking just white
so I ask you opinions ?

fragged8

hiya

I like the stripes and teal piping together Mike..

maybe the logo in gold thread ?

Rich

Mojo

Teal piping......

:)

Chris

JuneC

I'm a big fan of white with small touches of color.  I'd do the teal piping and logo, and skip the teal stripes on the coaming pads unless they're really long.  On smaller boats, I think too much pattern gets really busy really fast.  Just my opinion, of course.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Peppy

I'm with June, teal welt, teal logo. Love the vote!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Mike8560

MI'M think Junes ways also.  I did thebbackrest in the front of the console with the real running all the way up. It also hung on a track and was loose looking. I put it on plywood and sceewed on o to a opening hatch door and shorten the stripes.  Now I'm going to take it apathy agsin and put the logo up top there also

bobbin

Another vote for teal piping.  But I like the shot of color Rich suggests with gold embroidery!

Mike8560

Ready doing tyebembroidery in teal.  It may be done today