Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 05, 2024, 08:27:11 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bosch foam saw for a great price.

Started by JuneC, July 31, 2011, 09:10:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

I've been looking for a foam saw again and saw this in a google search.  Don't know if it's still available, but for any of you in MD, this is a super deal.  I won't do craigslist long distance since you never know if it's a scam.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/2511125752.html

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

fragged8

I got a foam saw from this site June, it works fine
but that does look like a good deal.

Rich

sofadoc

Considering that it comes with 3 different size blades, it does sound like a good price.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

seamsperfect

July 31, 2011, 07:11:18 pm #3 Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:14:08 pm by seamsperfect
Quote from: JuneC on July 31, 2011, 09:10:09 am
I've been looking for a foam saw again and saw this in a google search.  Don't know if it's still available, but for any of you in MD, this is a super deal.  I won't do craigslist long distance since you never know if it's a scam.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/2511125752.html

June

Amazon has them for $317 new shipped....
http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1575A-Foam-Rubber-Cutter/dp/B0006A0E3M
Any feedback on this?
EZE 8" Foam Cutter
2.2 amp motor-110 volt, single blade.

Economy foam cutter for the small upholstery shop or other business that only cuts, say, 10-15 cushions a week max. More than that get the above Acucutter with higher amp motor.

• Cuts foam up to 7-1/2" in thickness

• Light-weight for easy handling

• Cuts sharp turns with ease

• Removable foot

• 90 day warranty

• Not for styrofoam

• Single blade only, light duty 2.2 amp motor, 110-120 volt only.

List $160-- Sale Price $134 (Limited Time)

8" Replacement Blades for EZE foam saw $9 (blades last a long time)

JuneC

The $317 for the saw body is a pretty good price, but by the time you add blades, guide, foot you'll be in the $450 range.  Problem with the EZE cutters is just that - one blade moves, the other is static.  As I recall, Bobbin has a newer model where both blades move.  You still like that one Bobbin?

June

W. C. Fields

sofadoc

The Bosch foam cutter is the "Holy Grail" of foam cutters. The EZ brand is what it is....a cheaper version.
I think it's funny that the EZ specs say "for the small shop, 10-15 cushions a week max."
How does the cutter know when a week has lapsed?
Does that mean that if you've cut 15 cushions by Wednesday, you have to shut her down until Monday? ???

seamsperfect

July 31, 2011, 08:29:06 pm #6 Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:49:13 am by seamsperfect
Bosch is nice stuff no doubt I have a number of their 18v lithium ion products
Kevin

sofadoc

Here's a used one. The price isn't too bad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bosch-1575A-Foam-Rubber-Cutter-/260831348682?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.OPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D250865444405%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1906250851109872842

slodat

I have two Bosch 1575A foam saws. I bought both on eBay, used in good working condition for about $100 each. You just have to watch the auctions and when the bidding starts to go high, I bow out and wait for another to come along. The second one I bought was described as a "broken jig saw". It works fine, they were trying to cut wood with it and thought it didn't work. That was a good deal for me!

sofadoc

Quote from: slodat on August 08, 2011, 12:38:03 pm
You just have to watch the auctions and when the bidding starts to go high, I bow out and wait for another to come along.

I'm always watching. I bowed out on one over the weekend when it got up to $175. 
I have one now, so I'm not too terribly interested in paying a lot for one. But for someone who really needs one, $250 is a pretty good price.

slodat

sofadoc - I do the same thing. It is nice having one with a long blade for profiling/sculpting and one with a short blade for cutting foam sheet. I figure it's better to buy a few over a couple of years for a fraction of the new price than buying one at the new price..

sofadoc

Quote from: slodat on August 08, 2011, 04:07:51 pm
sofadoc - I do the same thing. It is nice having one with a long blade for profiling/sculpting and one with a short blade for cutting foam sheet. I figure it's better to buy a few over a couple of years for a fraction of the new price than buying one at the new price..

Yeah, the one I have now has an 8" blade. It would be nice to have an extra one for that 5 incher you're sending me. If you're ever bidding on one on E-bay, PM me, so I won't bid against you.

MinUph

I'd like to find an 8" blade set cheap. Mine has the 5" and its kinda small for some things.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

otlass

Thanks for the post June,
Got the saw send to me to Montana today, smooth transaction, saw works great. Now I have a spare one, it takes for ever to get anything fixed here in MT, I have to send my Bosch tools to a service center in Seattle before.

JuneC

Kool!  I bit the bullet and bought a brand new one a few weeks ago right after I posted the original link.  Happy to hear you didn't get scammed. 

June

W. C. Fields