Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 04:31:32 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Busy!

Started by Mike8560, June 20, 2011, 01:39:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Is everyone  up north busy ?
I got 4 jobs last week and  2 more today.
Just when you think your slowing down.
And this is my slow season. A full cover cockit cover on a 3o formula
upholstery on a toon a  2. Center console upholsteries
a deck coat cover.   Oyy vey

gene

Everybody up north made so much money that they retired to Florida and bought a boat.

Yes, I am very busy also.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

scarab29

Havn't been on here in a week since I need to get a bunch of work out before the 4 th. After that it should calm down a  bit. Maybe then I can get my sunpad done on the scarab !!! I've only been out on my boat once also !!! Jonsing for a couple days off and get out on the water myself.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

timtheboatguy

I havent posted either in a while, been swamped with boat covers, re-carpet & upholstery, mostly pontoon boats plus all the mechanical stuff I do. Just hired my 26 year old son a few weeks ago and adding a mechanic in two weeks so I can concentrate on covers and vinyl work. Probably be in a mental institution by the end of summer! :-\
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

Peppy

See Gene, I though everybody in Florida sold their boat to somebody in Ontario. While I'm not swamped (no little under 20' fisherman are buying tarps) A steady stream of 25'+ is keeping us busy. Many of which are new purchases from the states. A 55' Bertram is coming first week of July and getting some work. Excited about that. Biggest boat I'll have worked on.

And sailboat season started today, two enclosures side-by-each on the dock. Not really looking forward to that but, such is life in custom canvas!

☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Mike8560

June 20, 2011, 10:10:28 pm #5 Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:12:47 pm by Mike8560
Sailboat I don't get many the owners are kinda tight in the wallet
take pic of the Bert
I did a old 55 Hatt a bit ago
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/Flybridge/100_1176.jpg
onus o forgot the flats boat seats a d cc cover tomorow and I've got to go vet s toon top this week also. 

regalman190

Very busy Mike. And a lot of enclosures this year....wow! 8)

I finally made it out on our boat on Father's Day. It was much needed.  ;D

Glad you're busy too....and like you said, it's your slow time. That's great!
Regal Canvas

kodydog

Glad everyone's busy
Haven't had a slow week since last November. Thought I'd get a break next week. Delivered two Morris chairs today and the customer said to pick up her sofa. On top of that my buddy in south Fl called and asked if I could help him out for a couple weeks.
Life is good y'all.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike8560

Kody isn't the furniture buisness sesonal with the snowbirds?

Grebo

Busy, yes.  bye bye.  ;D

Suzi

kodydog

June 22, 2011, 04:52:24 am #10 Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:57:45 am by kodydog
Quote from: Mike8560 on June 21, 2011, 09:15:11 pm

The snowbirds don't stop this far north. The guy I work for in South Fl says hes usually slow in the summer. But this year he needs help.
I'm not sure if the snowbirds effect the furniture biz like it does you boat and RV guys.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Quote from: Mike8560 on June 21, 2011, 09:15:11 pm

My furniture business has never been effected by the season. The only slow times are the week between Christmas and New Years Day, and right before school starts back up (people spend all their money on "Back to school" shopping).
But even during those slow times, I don't ever run out of work.
I HAVE noticed a slight drop-off around "Black Monday" (the 3rd Monday after xmas, when the holiday credit card bill comes in).
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Things are coming to a crawl here but that is expected with all the snowbirds gone for the summer. I have a job coming in next week and then that is all I have booked. We are loading up the bus, taking a short vacation and then another bloody run of chemo starts.

I am hoping to get this chemo run done before things get busy again in the fall/winter months. I also want to finish off a few projects I have myself around the house and since I have no time line I can do those by working an hour or two a day. That is about all I can handle during the initial stages of chemo. I am normally out of energy and so drugged up on pain killers that a couple hours a day is enough. :)

Chris

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: gene on June 20, 2011, 03:51:22 pm
Everybody up north made so much money that they retired to Florida and bought a boat.

Yes, I am very busy also.

gene

Seriously, is this the perception that everybody in the North East is loaded with cash?

That said, our small Mom and son shop has had an excellent spring, and have been buzzing every since.  Decent year really. 

sofadoc

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on June 23, 2011, 03:53:52 pm
Seriously, is this the perception that everybody in the North East is loaded with cash?

I get that perception when I watch those "House flipping shows" TV. When I see a 1200 sq. ft. house in "fringe" neighborhood going for 350 grand.
I just assumed that all you guys were rich. ;)
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban