Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 02:16:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Boat Cover Question

Started by jojo, June 20, 2011, 12:03:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Hey guys,

What's a good method for covering a boat that's always in the water? The boat is a 2005 Chapparal 215, and the owner would prefer not to have snaps on the boat if at all possible. So how could this thing be secured? How awkward is it or is it even possible to fit it for a cover while it's in the water?
Thanks!
Jo

Mike8560

WellSWell you could have a mooring cover that comes over the side some with a drawcord.
You would need access for the dock lines and the boat would have to be ties off not to rub the cover

JuneC

Suction cups - but they don't hold all that well IMHO.  I'd go with sand bags.  With sand bags, though, make sure there's an anchor of some sort inside the boat to keep the whole thing from slipping over one side and going to bottom.  Just a tether or something to prevent loss if the cover goes off-center.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Peppy

June 20, 2011, 07:13:44 pm #3 Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:09:03 pm by Peppy
Good thinking June! Wouldn't have thought of that I bet. Not till it was made *and at the bottom of the lake* anyway. You Florida guys are crazy, A 21' boat here is next to worthless without a trailer. Suction cups! HA!

Isn't there a way to get it to a dock or pull it out of the water to fit it? Just asking, we do it any chance we get.

☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Mike8560

Peppy most of my customer here don't have a trilor the boat is on the lift out back and no room for a trailor in the yard or the boat is in a marina on a rack no small boat in the watt hardly at all. There are boats on trailors here but not many bother to spend extra money nor canvas on them.

Hen I was in NH I had a 27' bunk trailor so any boat that came by water on the lake I'd haul out just abou anything would fit on that bunk trailor.