Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 10:25:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

happy father's day

Started by Darren Henry, June 19, 2011, 08:45:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

To those who are Dad's-- congrats and enjoy your day.

To those who still have the gift of their father's presence--- don't make the mistake I made just before Mom died and " oh , I'll go visit next weekend , or oh I'll call her tomorrow.

A copy of this poem hung in my parents house for years. This is the hand written copy my blood brother wrote a couple of years before he hung himself at 18.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Jim101

Happy Father's Day Everyone!

Chill

Thanks for sharing that, Darren, it is a wonderful message.
Carol

Mike8560

gene

Fathers interpret life for their children -
   give life structure and meaning.
They do so whether they mean to or not.
   It either becomes the foundation
      on which we build a life,
   or the rubble we dig out from under.

This is on the Dedication page in the book, How to Make a Moose Run... And Other Great Things my Dad Taught Me., by Gary Stanley

Happy Father's Day back at you.

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

fragged8

June 19, 2011, 03:40:42 pm #5 Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:45:41 pm by fragged8
Thanks Darren.

I lost my dad without knowing him so i hear ya.

this is what my fathers day was like .

me sitting closest the camera, bro in law in middle,  dad in law other end
sis in law in stripes her boyfriend being netted and my two little darlings hehe
in a seaside pub garden at Southwold,

Me left , bro in law and dad in law

my little guys drawing on the beach :-)

Down by Southwold Harbour, world famous for it beer
'Adnams Ale'
It's a tiny fishing Harbour very popular with tourists from the Uk
and europe

mustn't forget the wife and her dad

Rich

Mojo

The greatest job I have ever had is being a Father. Now my attention has turned to being a Grandfather which is even more fun. :)

Thanks Darren for that. I too lost my little brother at the age of 15. A gun shot victim. I miss him terribly. My father passed away in 1992 and he was my rock. A better man I have never met as he was everything I cherish in a person - integrity, honesty, loyalty and filled with compassion. I still feel like there is a part of my life missing and I know it is him. I wished he was still here with me.

Richard, your pictures were very cool and it looks like you have an awesome family. A couple of those pictures remind me a lot of Whitby. Best fish and chips I ever had was there in Whitby. I enjoyed sitting there eating cockles with malt vinegar and watching the fishing boats come in. Great memories. :)

Chris

fragged8

i always think grand children are revenge on your children,

when they get up to naughty stuff a grandparent can just
sit back, laugh and say ' you used to do that'   :-)

Chris, we are not that far from Whitby so on the same part of the
coast. yuck cockles i shudder at the thought  heheh