Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 07, 2024, 12:30:59 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Tonneau cover vinyl

Started by SHHR, June 08, 2011, 10:18:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SHHR

I have a customer wanting a new Tonneau cover for his El-Camino he is restoring. He changed the color of the car and installed a new interior kit himself and is asking for a cover to match as close as possible to the interior "saddle color".
The cover he has now was built probably 20 years ago and is in a dark brown color. Does anyone know where to get an over sized vinyl in a light brown "saddle" color?
I have the Tonneau Tex 78" wide vinyl, but is available only in black. I did a quick search of some suppliers on here with not much luck.

The cover is approxomatly 65" wide  and will need about 3 1/2 yards total. He's pretty picky and doesn't want a seam in the cover so that stops me from using standard 54" vinyl.

Thanks,
Kyle

Mike8560

June 08, 2011, 02:15:50 pm #1 Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:30:53 am by Mike8560
All the vinyl
covers I've had shrunk so much In The winter I needed visevrips to pull and get it back on.  Why not go sunbrella. Won't shrink like vinyl and comes in 80" also.

jsquail

Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

Miami Mike

June 09, 2011, 06:00:37 am #3 Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:03:45 am by Miami Mike
Here is a sample card for the vinyl.

http://www.miamicorp.com/customer/micorp2/images/sample%20cards/cover%20all%20card.pdf

Thanks Gloucester
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

jsquail

Quote from: Miami Mike on June 09, 2011, 06:00:37 am
Here is a sample card for the vinyl.

http://www.miamicorp.com/customer/micorp2/images/sample%20cards/cover%20all%20card.pdf

Thanks Gloucester

Funny, i have a sample card just like that!
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

SHHR

Thanks for all of your help guys. Talked to the owner last night and he's picking a color of vinyl now. I'm heading out on vacation next week , so by the time I get back I should be able to start on his cover.

Thanks again,
Kyle