Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 12:22:14 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Help....heat sealed t-top

Started by regalman190, June 16, 2014, 08:14:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

Hi all. Quoting a huge t-top and the client wants it heat sealed not stitched. Any ideas on how I can get this done or where?
Regal Canvas

bobbin

In my area there is a company that makes banners and they have a heat sealing set up.  Boss used them a lot for awning work and my recollection was that heat sealing worked like a charm on Stamoid!  The canopy I made for our deck was heat sealed (Sunbrella) and we used it for 8 (?) yrs. and there was not even a hint of weld failure on it.  It's since been recycled into a canopy for the deck of a good friend and is still going strong. 

I'd start with a local search for banner companies or larger awning fabricators. 

Old sailmaker

It needs to be a rf sealing machine. The shop i was running before i retired I had 15 of them. I am surprised sunbrella sealed although stamoid will be no problem. Not sure who in private industry has one but awning companys should and if not call Kabar or Thermatron and they should be able to tell you someone close who would probably do it for you. Whoever does it for you would need some extra material to set the machine up for you as well. Hope this helps, any other questions about radio frequency sealing machines just ask. Craig

Mike

There are a num er of 80 inch cor in sunbrella

regalman190

Thanks. I found a local shop that does it. The materiel will be Weblon.
Regal Canvas