Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 11:12:23 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Had a bad day

Started by sofadoc, April 08, 2014, 06:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

I cracked my elbow in a dog verses bicycle accident. Even after therapy the dang thing would never go straight again.
The elbow that is.

Try not to work it too hard. Give it time to heal.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

Curious question Dennis---was it work related? And how does that work in Texas?

My injury was while on the company penny, and the provincial government replaced most of my income while I was unable to work under our Workman's Compensation program. If I had done that while I still had my own shop I would have been hooped because I opted not [couldn't afford] to make payments towards it.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

sofadoc

Quote from: Darren Henry on April 11, 2014, 07:53:06 pm
Curious question Dennis---was it work related? And how does that work in Texas?
Yes, it happened at work. Being a self-employed sole proprietor, I suppose that I could purchase workman's comp insurance. But it isn't required by law. And unless I were to have a substantial injury with extended downtime, I wouldn't see myself ever coming out ahead by carrying WC for myself.

I have insurance through my wife's employment. My coverage and rates were totally unaffected by Obama care.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban