Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 02:56:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pontoon Support Poles

Started by babock, December 04, 2013, 05:41:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rlamoreaux

I have a Bayliner Rendezvous 26' deckboat. Last summer I made a new towing cover and I used 2 of those vents at the top of the poles. There very easy to install. I used to have only a grommet that the pole end stuck thru, but while towing the grommet would rip out. I ran across a new problem, maybe somebody could have an idea , RAIN WATER. Rain water accumulates on top of the cover between the rear vent and the stern rail and between the front vent and the front rail. It seems that placement of these poles are critical. Trying to find a solution.  A drain hole, cross poles made of PVC. moving existing vents, or ?.

forsailbyowner

The poles Ive been getting have a plastic rounded spike type on one end to fit a grommet and a snap stud on the other end so you can use either. I make a extra wide full flat felled seam down the center and put them in that between the seams. Its in four layers and I havent  had any callbacks doing it that way ,,,yet. lol dont wanna jinx myself.

timtheboatguy

http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

babock