Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 06:32:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Basic sewing question

Started by islandsewing, September 18, 2013, 06:45:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

islandsewing

Sailrite adjusts the machines and sends test pieces that were stitched with that machine in the box. I think it's most likely inexperience and have to say, I do think I'm getting better.

I'm been using sunbrella and recently weathermax.

bobbin

I was thinking about this post as I worked away today.  When I bought my Juki it came fully "adjusted".  But each of us has a our little niche of work and we have our own special preferences. 

I'm still working out the kinks on that machine, esp. with respect to the automatic backtack and getting the tension right on the bobbin case so the antispin washer stops the bobbin in adequate time to prevent a "bird's nest" that requires rethreading!  It works great with 92 thread, not so great with 69, and I'm striking out with 46 these days.  But it all takes time and practice to find the comfort zone.