Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 08:16:44 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

A new canvas school

Started by Mike8560, July 25, 2011, 06:11:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Sorry about spelling my pc is down and my iPhone has little keys if one letter is wrong it has intuitive spelling and puts in a word on it's own and I donnt alway see it   
anyway  after my stroke reading my post is easier.  Be glad it not on a phone

Can-Vas

haha Mike,  i been reading ur stuff so long, your posts look normal to me,,,   :P
I'd rather be sailing..  - but if ya gotta work it's nice to be around boats!

Mike8560

I should have my own  language hey Howard   
Odd think at my new house I happen to have a vietnamesee guy across the canal and just buy chanse a vietnameese  guy bought thebhouse next yo me   It can get prety odd sounding

Lmc530

Being that I'm getting started with a new shop soon.. I looked into the school since it's located in the neighboring state.. I'm in CT..
Right now with 99.5% of my start-up capital invested in rent, equipment, inventory and other business expenses.. the cost just isn't in my budget.. quite expensive..

So far I've been getting a lot of good advice right here on this forum.. Not that I won't take a course in the future..

I'd be interested in any instructional DVDs or the like.. to better educate myself on boat covers.. in-box me if you might wanna make a deal... thanks..

fragged8

hiya

you can rent some of the Florida school dvd's from Smartflix I believe.

http://smartflix.com/

just put canvas into the search box

Rich

Mike8560

I had bought the VHS tapes.  Who's got that anymore ?

fragged8

the dvd's sound posher than VHS Mike but i think it's the same
films just put onto dvd, the quality isn't that great.

Rich

Mojo

July 31, 2011, 04:45:57 am #22 Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:46:37 am by Mojo
I have a VHS / DVD recorder. You put the old VHS tapes in it, hit a button and it burns the tape onto a new DVD disc.

You can buy them at Walmart for around $ 100 bucks.

Chris