Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2024, 11:27:20 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

My last job

Started by Mike8560, September 24, 2010, 08:29:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Mike8560

September 28, 2010, 03:57:19 pm #16 Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:26:47 pm by Mike8560
sorry about the big fingers and bads eyes  :D

so here is the first job completed at the new workspace.
Peppey also 1/2 patterned
now i just have to collect from the guy whos in Wisconson

NDAV8R

Hey there Mike!
You just have to name your business "Mike's 9 to 5 Marine Upholstery"

For the last 3 years, I have had the opportunity to work out of my home shop as well as at the Fargo Jet Center(FJC) in Fargo, ND. I have a "good hand shake" with them.
  It has it's pluses and minuses. At our shop(FJC), I get constantly bugged from fellow workers or supervisors wanting me to e.g. weld "this" aircraft part or repair "that" piece...where at home nobody bugs me. ---At FJC, is 1hr (one way) commute, at home my work is fifteen steps away. ---At FJC we have certain dress codes because of the constant international tours there...at home you can only imagine what one can wear. ---At FJC music and cell phone use are contolled...at home again anything goes.---At FJC it's 8 to 5, where at home if I get into a pinch for time, I can work into the night (which I have many times) to get the job done.  But the freedom at a homeshop takes extreme discipline to stay at your work, I don't think you will have a problem at it.  ---At FJC, I don't have to worry about the utilities...at home I do.
   Mike, I think your great reputation will follow you where ever you go...and you and only you can make the best decision for yourself.  Good luck, my friend!
Gale.
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

Darren Henry

QuoteYou've just got to turn on your 'intuitive reading' Darren

Tee Hee--- I think I wore it out. Our exhausted rooster's ( or is that exalted ruler  :-\ ) hand writing is so bad that one of the RV tech's referred to him as "doctor" Bessant while discussing his prescription like work orders. He just laughed.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Quote from: Darren Henry on September 29, 2010, 05:38:27 pm
QuoteYou've just got to turn on your 'intuitive reading' Darren

Tee Hee--- I think I wore it out. Our exhausted rooster's ( or is that exalted ruler  :-\ ) hand writing is so bad that one of the RV tech's referred to him as "doctor" Bessant while discussing his prescription like work orders. He just laughed.

If Mike cleans up his spelling now, I am going to be PO'ed. It has taken me two years to decipher his messages and I now know exactly what he is saying.  :) BTW Darren, Mike doesn't talk that way on the phone. He is very clear and precise. Myself, that is another story. I keep having to stop my conversations ( even after 15 minutes and interrupt them to ask once again who it is I am talking to. :)

Thankfully you cannot see my rough draft posts before Firefox gets done spell checking it. I would make Mikes writing look like that of a Rhodes Scholar. :)

I imagine me and Mike are not the only bad ones on here with big fat fingers who hunt and peck a keyboard to death. I suspect a couple more are spelling checker cheaters as well. :)

It is all good in the hood brotha's and sista's.

Chris