Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 07:21:50 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Advice for a sewing machin for upholstery

Started by superfly, May 08, 2010, 11:54:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fragged8

Hiya

Adler or Durkopp adler are the rolls royce machines but spares are about 2 if not 3 times the price of other machines.

Do make sure it's walking foot or compound feed as it will make your life easier. 

you're quoting in Euros ? where abouts are you ? i'm in the Uk and have a really good contact.

Rich

superfly

Hiya Rich,

Yeah I am quoting in Euro, because I am living in Ireland in Dublin exactly.
Where about in the UK are u? Maybe your contact could be any help to me?

I will ring the people about the ad I have seen to get more information.
I will let you know.

Cheers
Arnaud

superfly

Hi there,

I just ring your man, and he is a mechanic specialize in sewing machin.
He told me that it is a compound feed walking foot, he change the sewing hook and the timing belt on it, and there is a single phase motor on it.

I ask him for the exact model, but it is not written on the machin however he gave me the serial number.
I am not so sure this information will be any help to me really.
He also said to me that the machin is over 25 years old.

What do you reckon a bargain? or just more usual offer.

There is a bit of a drive for me to go and get it, about 3 hours one way. So if I drove down, I will bring it back however I don't know much about sewing machin so I don't really know.

Cheers
Arnaud

superfly

Hi there,

The seller just send me 3 pictures of the machin.

What do you think, I might go and see this in 2 weeks time?

He can't unfortunately get better picture. :-(
Does any of you is reconizing the model?

Cheers
Arnaud

superfly

August 30, 2010, 12:32:36 pm #19 Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:31:32 pm by superfly
Ok I manage to get the number on the plate of him.
So it is a Adler 067-373, I am not sure about those number but they are on the plate too 067990048.

So what do you think?
Is any of you use this machin in the past or now?

I did google it with the number 067-373 to try to find the manual. But I did not find much only 2 pages.
I also saw that a similar machine was sold in the Uk at a auction £150 so about €200.

I modify the title of my post has I use the old one, I have created 3 mouth ago.