Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:27:39 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Just on zipz...

Started by R.A.F. CaNvAs, October 09, 2010, 05:26:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

R.A.F. CaNvAs

I had better put this on here , seen as though it took so long and the client wasn't too happy in the end .
Could have done with a "Peppy stick " and saved the seven savage trips to the boat to get the bar in the right place
I was going to 'treat' the windows to  a white spirit and lemon juice rub ,But PDQ advised me that this would only make them leak more !
When I was a boy,  I was always taught to make these things a little looser for shrinkage, or to grow in to,
back when I was a dressmaker..
Please don't look too closely at it , then you wont be disappointed  is what I tell my customers... :'(

JuneC

The client wasn't happy????!!!  You need new clients.  I think the dodger fits beautifully.  And we all know canvas fits better 6 months after install anyway. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Peppy

The Peppy Stick does help with the beating of unruly clients. Did you tell him it's twice as good as his neighbors'? How did you attach the other half of the zippers? Epoxy? Good intentions? Good intentions are my favorite, so much faster than pop rivets. Oh wait, dressmakers use straight pins, right?
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

hdflame

I don't know much about marine canvas, but I'd love to have that HUGE table around my sewing machine! ;D

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

PDQ

Quote from: R.A.F. CaNvAs on October 09, 2010, 05:26:29 am
I was going to 'treat' the windows to  a white spirit and lemon juice rub ,But PDQ advised me that this would only make them leak more !

No mate, you got it all wrong; I actually said, when I drink too much white spirit and lemon juice I end up taking a leak more than usual, and I develop a strange sensation that requires a good rub.  :P  ;D

PDQ

Quote from: Peppy on October 11, 2010, 05:59:45 pmDid you tell him it's twice as good as his neighbors'?

Hey, steady on. That's one of mine.  ;D