Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 10:11:30 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Christmas Tree Type Plug Fasteners

Started by Peppy, February 16, 2011, 06:39:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Miami Mike

Quote from: fragged8 on February 17, 2011, 03:37:09 pm
Hey it's Miami Mike, not seen much of you lately ?
How have you been ?

Rich

Been doing so many trade shows, I am still here....
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Peppy

Right on! Apparently I've seen Z clips before. I always called them Whojack-a-pivies. I found them on a carver a while back. Before that I thought I invented them when I had to hang a head board. They wouldn't really work on pads with 1/2" or 1/4" foam though. Thats predominantly the kind of pads I do.

Those monarch kind seem cool, but ya, whats the gap between the pad and the boat? And it wouldn't really draw the pad in/ squish the welt would it. I see there being gaps. I was looking at the Miami Mike ones from that other thread, they seem jazzy. And spendy. On their site they show them peppered on the panel. I wonder what 8 dozen cost?

I like that one Mike! The key hole slot thing, nice! I'll remember that one. Nice and low tech.

I'm a nut and bolt guy. If I can get my arm to the bolts I'll drill holes through the pad and the boat before I take the pad off. Then I like to use carriage bolts through the good side with a nut on the bad side. Stole that one from Searay. I like it more than the Tnut on the bad side stove bolt on the good side since it's smoother under the upholstery.

Everyone help yourself to some respect and admiration, helps patch leaky egos.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Mike8560

Peppy we were doing a  cat deck boat awhile back and my brother had craweled. Down under rhe forward seats tonreach up and undo the nuts holding the backrests
on ( a hard feat being 6'7"  ) well he was reaching upblindly removing the nut and pit his hand on a hornets nest. I about laughed to death seeing hi
try to get out when they started  flying about.   

Peppy

I've had that happen to me too. Reach up under a pad and feel something move and see hornets drop out. Yikes! Nice thing about winter is I find way more dead hives than live ones.

Ever hear of cluster flies? Like house flies but they clump together to survive the winter. Like snakes I guess. Well I was taking a camper top off the frame and was undoing the zipper pockets and heaps of flies started falling out. It has early spring and I figured they were all dead. There were so many they were falling down my shirt and in my hair. Well with the heat of my breath and body they started coming alive, wriggling and buzzing in my shirt and ears *!!glugulrlruhhh!!* Disgusting. The guy I was working with started calling me a sissy and laughing at me 'cause I was screaming like a little girl. So it soon became his turn to get in and start screaming like a girl. Totally one of the creepiest, grossest bugs. Which is funny cause their just house flies, but when you put 100,000 of them in a boat top *!!glugulrlruhhh!!*

Mike8560

February 19, 2011, 11:49:34 am #19 Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:03:39 pm by Mike8560
He shoulld have got that on you tube peppy  lol.
Ever heard of them rhen a few months ago we were putting a mooring cover o a triumph center console the boat was on a lift raised up to clip some straps
under the hull right to left and he was sitting on The dock reaching under with a hook to pull the strap
u derand wrapedaround the cable pole above is head a snake fell off the lift and hit him on the neck falling.  Girly  time again. Lol.
I just laughed.

Miami Mike

Quote from: Peppy on February 17, 2011, 05:30:20 pm
Thanks all!

Miami Mike- You also have everything but. Thanks though! Do you ship to Canada?

Yes we do.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Miami Mike

JuneC

LOL!!!  :P  What's with that REALLY BIG ONE on Page 4? 

Nice collection there, but I still don't see # 20866. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Miami Mike

Quote from: JuneC on February 21, 2011, 03:27:08 pm
LOL!!!  :P  What's with that REALLY BIG ONE on Page 4? 

Nice collection there, but I still don't see # 20866. 

June

Fixed, I saw that yesterday... you could see it good...

Peppy

I liked that one. Good value! Need only one for a whole side pad!

JuneC

Fer sure.   I thought maybe that type was for monster trucks or sumppin like that.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields