Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 08:47:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Injuries

Started by Kathy0701, May 17, 2011, 08:29:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynn

I put up with pain and pins and needles in my hand for about four months last year - I already have wrecked shoulders so i figured it was related to that. A friend turned me on to a guy who does Sport therapy massage. Brilliant!!! He fixed me in about ten visits. Now I go and see him every three to four weeks. It's not cheap but worth every penny.
My hubby had appendix surgery a couple of years ago and he was out of the shop for about a month. It was really tough to do it all by myself. I know what you mean about feeling guilty letting customers down, but your health is more important.
My best wishes and speedy recoveries to you guys.
Lynn
Life's too short.....let's go fishing!!!

NDAV8R

A while ago, I was diagnosed with Cancer. Went through treatments, lost 71 lbs, most of my taste and saliva gland output. Also my strength.  I did get some taste, saliva output and strength back but very limited.  I don't know what is worst...heart attact, stroke, or cancer...all very bad. Heart attacks and stroke happen all of a sudden, where cancer slowly eats away at you. I agree with Scottymc, Baby steps.

Take care
NDAV8R
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

bobbin

Yes, baby steps are the key component in any recovery.  It take a lot of little changes in daily behavior to get to the next stage in recovery.  I watched Mum struggle after her stroke but she made great progress. 

My back issue was a real shocker for me and I'm now learning how to incorporate the back stretches into my everyday routine.  I stretch before I get out of bed in the morning.  I stretch if I wake up and can't get back to sleep right away.  I stretch before bedtime.   It takes no more that 5 minutes and I make myself do it. 

My back is still tender but it feels better and the baby steps are pretty simple to schedule over the course of the day.  Little changes in diet and exercise patterns are easier than big ones. 

appage21

Yes, this sure is a scary thought. You should get your ankle checked out and make sure your doing everything to make sure it gets better and you don't re injure it. I have a horrible wrist sprain that just won't go away.