Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 06:35:01 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

help guys need to make a top for my skid loader with windows

Started by jim fuchs, November 02, 2011, 10:29:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jim fuchs

what gage should i use 40 im using top gun .  hows  the best way to do the windows edge can enyone post some pics  i also will need to make a door that nees to be stiff got eny ideas . do i just cut a hole out  in center and fold the edge over and sew to plastic . or make strips and sew around them and then sew it all together to make it slip over top . jim was going to use lexan but its way to high priced .

Mike8560

Do you have. Frame or are you going to make one
od use 40g window vinyl. Are you going to need to look throught the vinyl to drive?
Anyway I'd face out ( trim around the window ) with a 2" strip of the matching canvas to suppert the edge of the window. As far as a door  to make a frame I'd use square or round tubing  and sew pockets thT wrap around the frame and zip onto them. A pic of what you have to work on would help. I did a riding. Snow lower on e with a top and front window.