Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 04:04:21 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pfaff Feet

Started by baileyuph, December 27, 2012, 06:25:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

For tight places in a flat fell type walking foot (1245/545 etc.), what are you using on a Pfaff? 

Mine are wider, something one would use for binding applications (not the best for tight turns and places).  If you have something around 3/8ths wide (both feet combined), mind posting the part numbers  (indicate if numbers are Pfaff or whatever)?

Thanks,

Doyle

sofadoc

Are you talking about welt feet? You can get them with a toe on the left side only:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PFAFF-WALKING-FOOT-SINGLE-TOE-WELTING-FEET-SET-/300405692318?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f193179e

And for non-welted sewing, they have zipper feet with the toe on the left, or right side of the needle.

I'm not opposed to buying cheap feet from E-bay stores, and grinding them to suit special needs.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

baileyuph

QuoteFor tight places in a flat fell type walking foot (1245/545 etc.), what are you using on a Pfaff? 

Small flat feet in a standard walking wood style.
Isn't that technically referred to as flat fell?

Anyway I do several hundred custom covers a year for a customer and a narrow standard flat fell would speed my sewing time.  Even a little bit times the number I do is significant.

I might only need the pressure component, my needle foot is probably narrow as I might find.  The pressure foot I use is for sewing binding on carpets (i. e. auto carpert and vinyl binding).

Don't know, I am looking for a listing of feet for the Pfaff walking family.
Maybe I can do that after work today?  Don't know, got an order for more of these products and anything to improve efficiency will help.  I am also looking for  digital pattern equipment, drawing/cutter, which would also speed up and improve the operation. 
Thanks,

Doyle