Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 04:35:20 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Contour Chair

Started by baileyuph, May 28, 2012, 06:22:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

This might be interesting to run by the professional furniture readers: 

Situation is a customer dropped off a contour char, shaped like a curved banana if you will.  There are rows of buttons used from the top to the bottom.

My basic thought is, after noting that the weak point of the previous job was where a persons rear sits, more or less in the center of the contour.  Over the years I have noted there are a few different ways of covering the curved area.  I would like to design the upholstery so it will last, merely covering the seating area by vertical and horizontal seams and button tufting at the intersection of these seams, in vinyl, will not and does not hold up. 

Consequently, I am looking for experiences with this issue, anyone with an idea please present it.  I have thought of diving the curve up into three cushions with pulls to the back side for stapling.  That would take the tension off an integrated button tufted situation, as was presently done on the failed existing cover.

Any experiences in combating this issue?

Doyle

sofadoc

Does the fatigued area currently have no horizontal frame support that you can staple a pull-seam to?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

Would adding more springs be an option?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html