Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:36:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Google Maps

Started by uk-upholsterer, May 01, 2011, 03:14:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

uk-upholsterer

Hi,
I'm a new user from the UK.
Good day to you all.

I'm wondering if any of you use google maps to advertise your business and if so how do you get your business moved higher up their rankings?

I know this is not an upholstery specific question but since we're all in the same business (one way or another) you might have some specific hints for a fellow upholsterer across the pond....

www.jmhupholstery.co.uk

gene

May 01, 2011, 05:07:57 am #1 Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:09:36 am by gene
Welcome to the board. We seem to be getting a lot of new folks from the UK on this board.

I had absolutely no interest in the royal wedding. Back in my single days, I used to cry at weddings because I was so happy that I wasn't the one who was getting married.

Today, I am happy and content. My marriage is great. She makes the decisions on the small issues, and I make the decisions on the big issues. It's interesting, but after all these years, we haven't had any big issues yet.

http://get-up-and-go.com/upholstery-forum/index.php?topic=6730.0

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

May 01, 2011, 06:07:17 am #2 Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:32:03 am by kodydog
I'm not sure about google maps but with some sites, even the free ones, if you pay for an add or a listing you get moved to the front. In the states we have other sites like Manta, Yelp, and Merchant Circle.

Next time you deliver a piece of furniture and the customer is thrilled, ask them to write a revue on one of these sights.

If you get a chance post some pictures on this site. We love to see whats happening on the other side of the "pond".  
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

stitchm

I think having supplies delivered to a business name via a courier helped my business being listed on Google maps.

also:
having the address posted on your site,
frequent changes to the site,

and

advertising with google add words could help
I think you can place a marker and fill in info. on google maps?

Exotic Leather

Make sure to fill out your google profile completely.  Google rewards this greatly.  Also, make sure to fill out your google places page with all of the info you can, and like stated above, try to get your customers to rate you on your google places page.  (consider putting the link to your places page on an invoice for easy customer access.)

Google maps are a great tool, and should be utilized to the full extent available.  You can add your URL, and social media links to the places page too.