Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:55:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Supplier for Gel Pads

Started by MinUph, April 27, 2011, 06:03:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

Does anyone have a decent supplier for Gel Pads? The kind for bike seats.
  Thanks
  Paul
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

Paul:

I was buying mine directly from Pro Pad. But dang are they expensive. Have you checked E-Slay ?

Gel pads just seems like such a small market that no one carries them but a few companies. And it appears they love taking advantage of that situation. :)

For what it is worth. I did my motorcycle seat with a gel pad and after riding my bike I tore my seat apart and re-did it without the pad. It was hard as a frigging rock. I took it out and got a better cushy feel for my old tushy with good foam instead layered with memory foam.

Chris

MinUph

Thanks Chris,
  Good site. I will use them when the need arises.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Saddleman

I'm a Pro Pad dealer.  ;D  You do get better pricing if you are buying in volume.  Miami Corp does carry a gel insert too, but I have not used them.  There is also Saddleman, but they make seats and I consider them a competitor so I wouldn't even consider them.   There is also a Shocktec and I have looked at and considered their products but their wholesale pricing is not much better than their retail prices, so that doesn't help them.

Loren

MinUph

I didn't realize Miami Corp had them. Good to know. Already have an account there. Thanks.
  Also will keep you in mind Saddleman.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

stitcher

Three Rivers Supply Co. & Active Foam Products carry them too