Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 03:19:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

NC tornadoes

Started by kodydog, April 17, 2011, 06:54:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

Hay Bobby and all our other NC friends. Hope all is well considering the bad weather your state had Saturday.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

JuneC

Yep... hope all is well with you guys.  Check in with us when you get a chance.  And I thought we had it bad with hurricanes  :-[

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

I beard there were 5 peow killed in the storms

hdflame

Hey everybody!  Thanks for asking about us.  My immediate family is OK.

We were lucky.  Tornadoes went through just about 2 miles from our house and devastated a large part of a sub-division.  A large part of NC was hit and has major damage.  I can't ever remember of such widespread damage from tornadoes in NC.

I was in Fayetteville, which is about 30 miles from Sanford, teaching a motorcycle safety class.  We had finished riding for the day and were in class.  I started getting text messages from our local emergency services center.  The first one said there was a funnel cloud spotted in Tramway, about 5 miles from my house.  Five minutes later I got one that said a tornado had touched down in St. Andrews Subdv. demolishing several houses.  That was only about 2 miles from my house!  That's when I started making calls to find out if my parents were OK.  They live across the pond from my house.  My family was not home, so I wasn't worried about them.

Several large factories and businesses in Sanford were completely leveled, including our Lowe's Home Improvement.

It took me about 2 hours to get home, normally about a 35-40 minute drive.  There was a large power outage across NC.  From Fayetteville all the way to Sanford, none of the traffic lights were working!  I barely had enough gas to get home because all of the gas stations were closed. 

There are still a lot of local roads that are closed.  My wife just left for work and was going to have to make a big detour just to get to work on the other side of town.  Luckily, this is Spring break, so schools are out this week.  If this had happened at night there would have probably been more lives lost.

We all feel very lucky not to have had any damage to our us or our personal property.

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

hdflame

My wife just sent me this picture of a house about 5 or 6 miles from my house.  This was on here "Detour" to work.  This was taken from her cell phone.

Notice the tractor trailer overturned.

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

fragged8

hiya

we've been seeing the damage on Tv in the UK. The power of those
things is awsome.

Glad to hear all is well with you all..

Rich

Saddleman

Bobby, glad you and yours had no problems. 

A 20 year anniversary of the below is coming up next week.  Our house was at about the center right side of the photo.  One BIG NASTY F5 did the destruction.  We were very lucky and walked away without a scratch, having road the storm out in an undergroung storm shelter as it went right over the top of us.

I have been feeling real buggy this year about storms...more so than years past. 

http://media.kansas.com/smedia/2009/03/26/15/768-1991wichita19065.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.80.jpg

At 4:30 in the video is when it was passing over us.  BIG and NASTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDn_aL6RIfo

jsquail

Glad to hear yall in NC are ok. The one in VA passed 2 miles from my house. Lots of damage just down the street. We lost a school to the thing too.
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas