Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2024, 10:56:49 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Premier Pontoons J Clips - anyone have a source?

Started by Geech, April 14, 2011, 01:10:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Geech

I scoured the web for the past hour trying to find a source for these "new to me" items, maybe someone else has come across the same situation before. 

Apparently Premier Pontoons uses a perhaps "proprietary" fastener system for their covers - for all I know it is a common standard channel those with more experience would call by another name, but $116 for a 100 piece kit sounds a little ridiculous to me but perhaps it is the manufacturer direct price that sets me off into this train of thought.

https://shop.pontoons.com/store/detail/217/canvas_covers_enclosures_tops/2003/j_clip_kit_c/

I was wondering if anyone else has come across these and knows of a vendor selling a more reasonably priced alternative to the only option I've found so far.

Thanks
Greg

Mike8560

what it you need to do that they are used for? ive never seen them

JuneC

If you want enough to last you forever or sell the excess on e-Bay..  Probably cuts to desired length pretty easily with a jigsaw or Dremel.

http://www.trimlok.com/detail.aspx?ID=10017

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Eric

I just convert to snaps on premier boats. June's link looks good also.

BigJohn

The first time I saw this system at a boat show I thought it was a good system, but the more I think about it I have concerns about the clips getting brittle with age and breaking or them breaking when pulled off not down & off.

Mike8560

A friend ofine had a odd clip
system on his tonnoncover on his pickup I was. Alayna resewing the clip ans they would break  too

scarab29

duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Geech

Thanks everyone for the replies, my first instinct was to say "I'd prefer to replace it with snaps" but the owner was very "proud" of his unique fastener system and seems to want to keep it.

Greg

69Mach1

Your out of luck!!! Premere Marine only, they are about buck a peice!!  I would never convert to snaps if it had that system...very nice!! call them direct,
651-462-2880..

Mark