Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 11:31:10 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bobbin Dimensions for Consew 226

Started by NDAV8R, March 22, 2011, 08:44:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NDAV8R

Hey gang:
I recently picked up a Consew 226 with reverse.  It had not been used for awhile, so I started to clean and adjust it in my spare time. It has a severe problem of under fabric thread looping going on. I am slowly finding little problems, like a nick in the rotating hook which I polished smooth. New needle, working on the timing.   
   I found several different bobbins in the 226 drawer, however there were 3 different sizes. Does anyone know the exact dimensions, Diameter and width, for the right bobbin for the 226? Also some resources say I should use a felt pad or spring under the bobbin for anti backspin?  I understand the bobbin is to be dropped in with the thread to be wound in a CCW direction, looking from the top?  I do own two 206RBs which has a larger bobbin, which I knew before this purchase.
One day at a Time
Gale.

Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Conse 226 bobbin is 7/8" OD, 3/8" wide. 

Darren Henry

Hey Gale; good score. Boss has one and their a good machine. The 225 is clone of the 111W155 Singer and the 226 has the reverse.Parts manuals etc.. are interchangeable and yes the thread should come off the bobbin CCW.  Between the 225 I learned on, my other buddies machine that I maintained, the bosses 111 and his 226, and mine I've never need to put in a "skid shim" If it free spools there is something wrong.

QuoteIt had not been used for awhile, so I started to clean and adjust it

Turn the bobbin case so that the holes in the bottom are roughly parallel to the shaft and oil everything you can see through the right one. It ain't text book but they like it.

Quotesevere problem of under fabric thread looping going on

When you pulled the shuttle and did the "yo-yo test" on the bobbin, did you pull the tension spring?

[click/bling/lights on] check your upper tension discs for grooves [click/bling/lights on]

I've run into that on these gals. Disc gets a groove and your upper thread tension comes and goes depending where the thread is lying on the disc. Actually saved the fat man $150 plus shipping for a service call by buying $3 worth of discs. Got barked at for not thinking of it sooner  ::)
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!