Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:09:41 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Juki Lu-563

Started by Vtool, September 28, 2011, 09:06:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vtool

I am a beginner who has  just purchased a juki LU-563 N.Since I am new to sewing and there seems to be a lot of experience on this forum with this model ,is there anyone who would be willing to answer questions for me?

Mojo

Goi ahead and ask away. There are several of us here who can answer questions for you.

Chris

Vtool

Mojo

I should have mentioned that the Juki 563 is a great machine. Several of us use and abuse the 563 daily and it keeps right on working for us. They are very well made and are extremely reliable. :)

It is capable of sewing most all materials and can handle large thread. I myself appreciate the large bobbin as well as the reverse. I also really appreciate the fact that attachments are plentiful and can be found very cheap either through two dealers who support this site
( Bob and Greg ) or through e-bay.

Post your questions here and we will be more then happy to answer them for you. You will find that this forum is loaded with awesome people who have the patience and experience to help newbies along. They have all put up with me for several years which is amazing. :)

So what questions do you have ?

Chris

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

September 29, 2011, 06:17:38 am #4 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:18:05 am by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Vtool,

You have three questions, and that was one of them!   ;D

I sent a welcome package by email with owners and parts book for LU-563.  

Ask away, people are very friendly and willing assit around these parts.

Mike8560

He has the "N" model I think only the "R" has reverse I think. I've got a 563 and 2 singer 111w155s

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

September 29, 2011, 12:19:55 pm #6 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:38:03 pm by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Quote from: Mike8560 on September 29, 2011, 12:02:48 pm
He has the "N" model I think only the "R" has reverse I think. I've got a 563 and 2 singer 111w155s

N is the last frame made for the Juki LU-563, Juki made three different frames before this model was discontinued and superseeded by the LU-1508 series.

Juki made some slight new not so improved modificaitons to the LU-563N.  Some I've seen needed to be fixed out of the box from the factory.  Not a bad machine at all by todays standards, but not the Juki we are all used to.  

Only LU-563s with "Subclass 3" tags are non reverse.  I don't think any of the LU-563N machines were made without reverse, to the best of my knoweledge.  

Vtool

September 29, 2011, 06:52:28 pm #7 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:06:12 pm by Vtool
thanks for warm welcome.I   got to speak to Greg at keystone . I expressed my interest in a servo motor. after a few minutes of discussion my options. the sewgreen Fl-550 is my next purchase. are there any sewing videos for industrial machines?
                                                               David (Vtool)   
                                                      l

Mojo

Since your new to sewing then the servo motor is a wise choice. I am not familiar with the servo Greg is selling you but I know he doesn't sell junk. He is normally very picky about the products he carries. A servo will save you from alot of frustration and is probably the smartest purchase you can make.

There are video series out there but they are pretty expensive. My suggestion is to pick up a couple books and read them and then go to Joann fabrics and buy some cheap remnants and start sewing. That is how I learned. :) I practiced making all kinds of different seams and then started making things for around the house, mainly covers. I made covers for everything from the printer and scanner in our office to covers for the motorcycles and grills. :)

I do believe Sailrite has several videos on Youtube that may be of help to you.   http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=saILRITE&aq=f

My best advice is to sew and keep sewing. The more you sew the better you will get.

In regards to the Juki 563, be sure and pull the thread whenever you start a stitch run. Otherwise your going to have problems with jamming. It is the one thing I do not like about my Juki.

Mike: I have a 563 N model and it has reverse.

Chris

Vtool

thanks Mojo. my job allows me plenty of free material. we install leather kits. so usually there is extra vinyl,leather and the original covers. someone mentioned that the videos are expensive. if they are worth the money. that is no problem. for me this a tool to advance myself. this is also a way to improve my self esteem. I feel like I'm at a fork in the road. let things stay the same and view myself as this is my ceiling or move forward. there is a old saying. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I don't blame others. here's a story I shared with Greg from Keystone. about 1998. I purchased a Juki LU-563 from Bob at toledo sewing. after 8 months after purchase. my house was robbed. they took the machine and other things. I had no homeowner insurance. so i had no way to  replace. I was devastated. I worked my ass off for the money to buy this machine.for the next 12 years I just gave up on learning to sew. finally last year. I decided to save money again and purchase another machine. I now want to be able to sew. for me this a way to prove to myself. I can do this and not let that experience have power over me. I'm not looking for pity. I 'm looking for help. next time someone ask if i can repair something. I want to say yes and not the same old I can't sew. thanks to everyone for your time.
                                                                    David   PS excuse my poor grammer and punctuation. I try

Mojo

David:

Very sorry to hear about the robbery. If there is one thing I cannot stand its thief.

Maybe one of the other guys will chime in here and give you more info on the videos. I forgot the name of them, sorry.

There are several of us on here who are self taught. It just takes time and patience. This forum will be one of your best resources as everyone is awesome at helping newbies.

Bob is a great guy. Honest, patient and always there for you. He has sold alot of us machines. He sold me my Chandler and tracked down my Juki for me here in Florida.

We will see if someone pops on here and mentions the name of the videos.

Chris

Vtool

thanks . also things seem to be moving forward for me. my sewing room is being cleared out for me this weekend. this was a big hurdle. also my wife is interested in learning too. she does embroidery for a trade. 20 years. this is a plus. we want to set up my machine. smaller machine for lightweight materials. she also has a serger. plan to get a 6 head embroidery machine for her. I want the ability to do most everything from home. also I see this bringing us closer together. I'm really excited. also mojo the theft is the past. I want to live in today and move forward. thanks again and have a good day.
                                                                                           David

kodydog

Quote from: Mojo on October 01, 2011, 03:49:47 am
David:

Very sorry to hear about the robbery. If there is one thing I cannot stand its thief.
Chris

Theft is one thing but it really rubs my rhubarb when someone steals a mans means to make a living.

Here's some videos from one of the suppliers on this forum. I cant say if their any good or not as I've never seen them.

http://www.upholster.com/vue/

$150 for 4 videos seams steep til you consider this will be a life long carrier.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone on the forum has some they don't need any more.

I've worked with my wife for nearly 30 years. It can be challenging at times but she is my best friend in the world and we generally enjoy each others company. It helps if one or both of you have a calm personality.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Vtool

October 01, 2011, 08:44:30 am #13 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:20:46 am by Vtool
thanks  kodydog ! my wife will be happy to see your post. she wants to learn the furniture end of upholstery.  also last night. I was informed that my father-in- law had six machines that I could have picked from. a close friend of his would have gave me a machine. he lives in N. Carolina where these machines were used at one time for furniture plants. to be honest. I'm glad I bought and payed for my Juki. this way I will be more inclined to use the machine and appriciate my hard work it required for the money to purchase.
                                                                                   David