Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 01, 2024, 03:49:36 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Great New Auto Upholstery Blog

Started by DCAutoUpholstery, March 11, 2011, 07:59:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DCAutoUpholstery

I want to invite you all to check out a blog I just created - dedicated solely to the craft of auto upholstery. It's called The Hog Ring and, hopefully, will become a place where professionals and enthusiasts like us can connect, share ideas and keep up with news that affects our industry.

I know what you're thinking, "Upholster.com already does that." But this is a little bit different. You can submit pictures of your best work - and I'll feature it! You can also check out pictures of some pretty bad upholstery, keep updated about industry seminars and read first-hand product reviews. The Hog Ring isn't meant to replace this awesome site, but bring something new and different to the table.

I'd love for all of you to visit it at www.TheHogRing.com and bookmark it too because it's updated daily. Also add us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/thehogring. And please please please send me your feedback!

Thanks and remember: www.TheHogRing.com

Mojo

Just visited your site. Very cool. I really liked all the news stories all in one place. It is very easy to get updated on the latest with a trip to one site.

Best of luck with your new venture,

Chris

hdflame

Good start on the site.  I'll bookmark to check later.

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

DCAutoUpholstery

Chris - Bobby,

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on ways I can improve the site.

I really want this to be a blog "for us by us" - so any type of stories or features you'd like to see, I'll definitely consider adding. One idea that I'm currently thinking about is building an online directory for every auto upholstery shop in the country. I know that it would be a large undertaking, but it could really help potential customers locate nearby shops. What do you think?

Half-Fast

I've bookmarked you as well ! !

While I haven't decided if I will be serious about automotive jobs, I do have a number of truck seats lined up because of my former life as a FedEx contractor (some of us fat-azzes could shred a seat in 3 years!).

Jeff

DCAutoUpholstery

Thanks Jeff!

I know what you mean about shredded truck seats - I've seen quite a bit of those in my time. Though, like you say, it couldn't hurt to line them up, even if it's not your business' primary focus.

Check out the U.S. Department of Labor's 2011 Occupational Outlook Handbook on "Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Occupations." While the industry as a whole is declining in the U.S., us upholsterers will see some growth in the next few years. So we might as well take advantage of it while we can...

Here's a link to it: http://www.thehogring.com/2011/03/14/the-upholstery-industry-2011-occupational-outlook-handbook/#more-279

Let me know what you think :)

TheHogRing

I guess that what I'm wondering is...

If you could dream up your most ideal auto upholstery website, what would it have?

Peppy

Quote from: TheHogRing on March 15, 2011, 07:35:44 am
I guess that what I'm wondering is...

If you could dream up your most ideal auto upholstery website, what would it have?

BOATS!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

JuneC

HA!   :D  A man of my own heart  :-*

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

TheHogRing

Boats! For sure! I intend to amp up the number of posts about marine work.

Though I dunno if I can help June find a man, lol.