Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:02:57 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

1968 Chrysler 300 interior restoration

Started by Droflex, March 11, 2011, 05:59:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Droflex

March 11, 2011, 05:59:31 pm Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 06:02:39 pm by Droflex
Well, it is what it is.  I'll start off with some before pictures.  Unfortunately, my partner doesn't think about taking pictures so I have to take them before he gets to far.

Right click on picture and select "view image".

Droflex

In progress with some parts.  Seat frames have been sandblasted and broken springs and such fixed.

Droflex

April 04, 2011, 06:28:23 pm #3 Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 06:38:52 pm by Droflex

Droflex

June 14, 2011, 12:00:18 am #4 Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:02:42 am by Droflex
A facebook page that shows the project 'till the end.  What a project it was but we finally finished.

There is other pic's from other projects in there but owe well...I'm worn out from that job.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Performance-Restoration/121444244606597

bobbin

Beautiful! you've done justice to a very nice automobile. 

I think the mid-60s Mopars were some of the best looking cars ever.  I love the shape of them and the way they were fitted out. 

Droflex

Thanks!  We love Mopars too!  I'll post pic's of my friends '57 fury sometime.  Unfortunately, in this case the customer tied our hands.  We wanted to do so much more to restore the car (like save the rusty floor), but he didn't want to do it.   We seam sealed it for free just 'cause we give a crap even if he didn't.

We tried to talk him in to painting the car first and then doing the interior.  Now were doing a new convertible top next week (white).  All this on a car that needs major body work and paint.

Strange dude for sure.

bobbin

Isn't that a shame!  It must be very discouraging to receive a car in serious need of major structural work and be told to do your thing on the interior.  I understand that money is always an issue but it really does seem foolish to spend all that money on an interior when you've failed to do the real grunt work first. 

Painting over rust or rotten wood never works... for very long.