Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 09:17:57 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bloody Hell

Started by Mojo, March 08, 2011, 03:58:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I finally screwed my needle bar up so bad I had to order a new one. ( It is not going to be fun replacing it ).

In case someone may have forgotten, several months ago I got very heavy handed with a large screwdriver while replacing a needle and broke out the retaining screw on the side of the bar. I took a dremel tool and drilled out the screw and then re-threaded it. It held well for several months.

Then I got heavy handed again ( with a small screw driver ) and ruined the threads.

So what is a guy to do. I picked up the phone and called Bob Kovar and told him the news. In classic Bob fashion and in that soothing laid back tone of voice - " Hmmmm, OK, I will ship you a new Singer bar. It is the same as a Chandler but is cheaper. It will go out today ". I then informed him I also need a new screw for the rear presser bar. I bent the other one over tightening it. Then in a very mellow way yet stern like a father he said " You need to be careful with these screws Chris. OK I will send one of those as well.  ". :)

I do not have much feeling in my right hand so maybe I better start using my left. Ya know what they say about using your left hand. ( No further comment on that one ). :)

A word of advice to all you stitchers out there.........be careful when tightening these small screws. They will break. :)

Maybe I need to light a candle and thank the good Lord for having a machine dealer that is so patient with me. It surely cannot be easy having me as a customer.  I do appreciate him helping me out. Thank you Bob for the awesome service and help.

Chris

Mike8560

My brother striped out rhe needle screw didn't break I'd on the juki and had to replace the bar also not that hard me I'm a lefty bit only write left handed sisors go in the right hand but that a bit unsteardy now

was this on tour new machine. Chris? 

Mojo

Yes this was on my new machine. I had no business tightening it as hard as I did with a large screw driver where I could get even better leverage. :)

My left hand is about useless after one of my strokes. I am going to be going into the Doctor soon to see about any nerve damage in my right hand. I thought it was carpal tunnel but they are thinking its the elbow. To dang many years as a quarterback and pitcher. :)

I used an over sized screw on the needle bar for the time being. Nothing ever breaks when I am slow. It always waits till I have work to complete. :) The screw I am using right now is barely hanging on by a couple threads. :)

Chris

Grebo

I just manage to *uck up the heads on the screws, currently need a new one for my pfaff 545, Does any one want to send me one  :'( . or 2.  :P    Please..... :-*